Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    As Toto said... never before has a pre-race infringement been issued by a racetime penalty. Thats quite a telling statement.

I guess they dont want the WDC to be over half way through the season... or maybe its a favour to Bottas from Salo but with how everything has been handled in the last year and Dominecales apointment, I'm really struggling with taking F1 even half seriously.

Meanwhile... LeClerc hitting Stroll and ending his race, isnt even investigated?

Liberty Media.. this isnt WWE and April the 1st was months ago. What an embarrassment.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    As Toto said... never before has a pre-race infringement been issued by a racetime penalty. Thats quite a telling statement.

I guess they dont want the WDC to be over half way through the season... or maybe its a favour to Bottas from Salo but with how everything has been handled in the last year and Dominecales apointment, I'm really struggling with taking F1 even half seriously.

Meanwhile... LeClerc hitting Stroll and ending his race, isnt even investigated?

Liberty Media.. this isnt WWE and April the 1st was months ago. What an embarrassment.
    Agree 100%

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Oh quit whining you bunch of fanboys.
    Lewis broke the rules, so he got a penalty. He broke them again, so he got another penalty.

There is only one person to blame, and that's the guy who told him on the radio to break those rules.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Lol. Look at Bottas celebrating like he actually did something in this race. As if the stewards didn’t gift him the race. “Never give up” he says. Lmao.
    0.6sec behind LH and also behind Max in qually tells you all you need to know about Bottas

and no, I am not a Lewis fanboy whatsoever and would like nothing more than see different winners weekly but not like these joke penalties or reverse grids
    Last edited by Storm; 27th September 2020 at 20:00.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Update: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...mvnYWl1B9.html

they retracted the penalty points. But the damage was done. Turns out his team instructed him to perform the practice start at that spot: still it should have been a warning at the very most. The whole thing is ridiculous and they are doing their best to try and stop him. Still find the exuberance from Bottas funny. Talking about silencing his critics. ����
    Well, all this say, is that the stewards in question did not conduct a thorough investigation before issuing any penalties. It was a very poor display of stewarding delibrations. It appeared to be a hasty decision not following any particular rules on the matter but driven by a strong desire to punish. Very ugly!

Mika Salo has disgraced the circle of driver stewards by not bringing his experience to the stewards forum and guiding them to an objective decision. He unfortunatelly has open the door to the question of his ability to act objectively when his decision can [or be percieved to] favour his countryman who would clearly benefit from a harsh decision.

It is unfortunate, because it has stained a race that Bottas has won deservedly. Bitter sweet for Mercedes.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th September 2020 at 20:44.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Lewis broke the rules, so he got a penalty. He broke them again, so he got another penalty.

There is only one person to blame, and that's the guy who told him on the radio to break those rules.
    Well, you miss the point. No one is saying Hamilton did not break some rules. The rule in question is not a hard rule in the regulations par se. It is a soft rule at the discretion of the stewards. Being a first occurrence, the proper objective approach would be to issue a reprimand for the first instance of the offence and a five second penalty for the second. That would have come across as a fair punishment.

Instead they were very heavy handed with a 10 seconds stop and go penalty and two points on his super license. This is indication that these stewards are not fit to do this job. They lack the analytical acumen or the objectivity required to perform this role.

And all everyone is seeing, is that Mika Salo has helped Bottas to a comfortable win.

Mika Salo is a disgrace really.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th September 2020 at 20:40.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    I don't know. It does seem a silly penalty but somebody at Merc must be bored with the penalties Hamilton has had the last two out of three races. This championship was over after round one and everyone knows it.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I don't know. It does seem a silly penalty but somebody at Merc must be bored with the penalties Hamilton has had the last two out of three races. This championship was over after round one and everyone knows it.
    With all of Hamilton's BLM antics, they should know that they have to keep their noses clean, as any infraction, however small would invite severe punishment. And this rulling shows that very clearly.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    With all of Hamilton's BLM antics, they should know that they have to keep their noses clean, as any infraction, however small would invite severe punishment. And this rulling shows that very clearly.
    Bingo

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

😆😆😆

I think its quite well known that I'm no Lewis fanboy, I'll give him stick when I feel he deserves it but equally, I will also stand in his corner when I feel his punishment is unjust.
    All I, and I think most of us here, really want to see is fairness and equality multilaterally across the grid.