Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    I have the feeling that Luky has learnt to drive sensible this year and isn’t being pushed too hard so far. Gryazin might give him a run for his money on gravel though (remember he beat Rovanpera on Liepaja last year)

Ingram showed real potential on Azores but it’s probably one year early to push for wins.

Biggest disappointment for me is that Griebel couldn’t put together a proper programme in a decent car, he did a great job last year.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I have the feeling that Luky has learnt to drive sensible this year and isn’t being pushed too hard so far. Gryazin might give him a run for his money on gravel though (remember he beat Rovanpera on Liepaja last year)

Ingram showed real potential on Azores but it’s probably one year early to push for wins.

Biggest disappointment for me is that Griebel couldn’t put together a proper programme in a decent car, he did a great job last year.
    He did beat Kalle but that was Kalle's first rally in Fiesta with little (50km's or so) testing. But he also gave him run for his money during Latvia's national season when they were both driving Fabias.
    And yeah Ucci seems to be the only one making 206 working for them and Griebel seems to be struggling with it a lot.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    He did beat Kalle but that was Kalle's first rally in Fiesta with little (50km's or so) testing. But he also gave him run for his money during Latvia's national season when they were both driving Fabias.
    And yeah Ucci seems to be the only one making 206 working for them and Griebel seems to be struggling with it a lot.
    Has Griebel done any DRM rounds with it yet?

Support of a national supporter might seem attractive but if he’s really serious about a career in rallying then I doubt the German Championship is the place to be, let alone it seems that as part of the deal he had to use 208 in ERC, which didn’t go too well on Azores.

6. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts

Support of a national supporter might seem attractive but if he’s really serious about a career in rallying then I doubt the German Championship is the place to be, let alone it seems that as part of the deal he had to use 208 in ERC, which didn’t go too well on Azores.
    Ewrc shows 1 drm race before the azores for him, retired due to "engine", 206 seems to be struggle for most of the drivers.

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    I have nothing to say about Loubet and Suarez, have they actually won anything or shown any speed?
    Suarez won Peugeot 208 Trophy in France a few years ago and that opened the door to WRC and ERC for him. As far as I know he didn't win anything important in those championships despite being backed by Peugeot.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Yes, he has. Unfortunately his Pug broke down already before the first stage!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts

You're right about the loss of Griebel this season... and the year before we lost an ever better young talent, Ralfs Sirmacis.

It's such a shame such guys cant get the funding. The ERC could be so much better and the competition for Lukyanuk would be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You're right about the loss of Griebel this season... and the year before we lost an ever better young talent, Ralfs Sirmacis.

It's such a shame such guys cant get the funding. The ERC could be so much better and the competition for Lukyanuk would be real.
    The stupid thing with Griebel is that he does have some funding - enough to buy him a drive in a 2016 WRCar on a WRC round. I guess that would have been enough to buy him three or four ERC events in a Fabia.

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts

This weekend he's doing Sulingen.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    The stupid thing with Griebel is that he does have some funding - enough to buy him a drive in a 2016 WRCar on a WRC round. I guess that would have been enough to buy him three or four ERC events in a Fabia.
    Bit of a strange U28 prize really... it would be better just being the cash. He might then be able to do the ERC again and try to win it outright.