Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    6 years ago:

The devastating fire which destroyed Mikko Hirvonen’s Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car at Rally Italia Sardegna will cost his M-Sport team more than £400,000, team boss Malcolm Wilson revealed.
    The Finn’s car caught fire on the road section between stages three and four on Friday afternoon and within minutes it was a blackened shell. Flames spread to the surrounding forest and the event was delayed for 80 minutes as fire crews fought the blaze.

“The financial implications to replace it are huge. You’re looking in excess of £400,000 and we don’t insure the rally cars, so that’s a big hit,” Wilson told wrc.com.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    That is, if you were to become a M-Sport customer. That is the price tag, not the cost of producing one car. If you take out massive expenses that go into development, then putting the already-developed pieces together into a car cost probably 2x less.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 6th September 2020 at 12:26.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    No. where have I said that?

I said losing two cars wouldn't make it impossible for them to continue.
    Pedant. You just want an argument (again).
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Pedant. You just want an argument (again).
    No, I just don't understand statements like 'it will be impossible for them to continue' when we are talking about the cost of two cars. It's a forum Eddie, so debating something is fair enough.
    Fact - M.Sport would be able to continue if they lost two cars.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    No, I just don't understand statements like 'it will be impossible for them to continue' when we are talking about the cost of two cars. It's a forum Eddie, so debating something is fair enough.
    Fact - M.Sport would be able to continue if they lost two cars.
    Fact? same logic: how can you tell?

no one here can be sure of this or that way. let's bring out some reasoning. in general, probably they would end the season, but maybe stop there? (as for many years now they are late on confirming their seasons.)
    This year particularly, Millener said lots of time they are too tight on schedule. they ll do service on the road between rallies. are we sure they would rebuild a new one (or two?). they couldn't bring a spare part for lappi private race test...

That spare part was needed instantly, i wouldn`t take this as an example. They also have some Fiestas sitting in the garage...

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    Fact? same logic: how can you tell?

no one here can be sure of this or that way. let's bring out some reasoning. in general, probably they would end the season, but maybe stop there? (as for many years now they are late on confirming their seasons.)
    This year particularly, Millener said lots of time they are too tight on schedule. they ll do service on the road between rallies. are we sure they would rebuild a new one (or two?). they couldn't bring a spare part for lappi private race test...
    Because simple business sense dictates that a company with as much cash in the bank and as many assets as they have would not cease if they lost two cars.
    They have a business to protect and they would not stop rallying because that’s what they do.
    Also, like a few have said, Eddie seems to be fixed that the cars are totally valueless after the smashes they have had, but they’re not. New shells maybe and good to go again.
    And again, I thought then cars were always insured, but I might be wrong on that.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    That spare part was needed instantly, i wouldn`t take this as an example. They also have some Fiestas sitting in the garage...
    not instantly, it broke on pet.
    still thinking the manus team could do that replacement, if needed. m-sport not.

Which happened a day or something before...M-Sport for sure had it on their shelves.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    not instantly, it broke on pet.
    still thinking the manus team could do that replacement, if needed. m-sport not.
    they couldnt bring it in time.Not that they didnt afford it.