Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    I'd bring it in from next season, of your found at fault for causing a crash that damages another teams car, the guilty team should pay the costs

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    The teams would not accept that. That would be another way for teams to have a dig at other teams by trying to deplete their capped budget. It would be a field day as teams would try to find ways to get other teams to pay for their repairs. There would be a harder request also for the stewards to apportion the share of each drivers fault in the incident more clearly. Then, we would effectively find the whole business in murky waters of what share of the blame is to be paid for on each car by each team. It would be a mess really. Meanwhile, reckless drivers would continue to drive recklessly at the expense of other teams.

Racing would not become as interesting as we experience it now. As everyone would be walking on eggshells. The best idea, is for all drivers to avoid an accident in the first place. If an accident happens, it would be because one or both drivers have not done enough to avoid it. Which essentially, is what happened at Silverstone.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th July 2021 at 11:49.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: pantealex (25th July 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Verstappen’s seat was broken in 51G crash
    Date published: July 25 2021 - Michelle Foster

Such was the impact in Max Verstappen’s 150mph British Grand Prix crash that it “actually broke Max’s seat”, says Christian Horner.

Verstappen was involved in a high-speed crash on the opening lap of the Silverstone race, hit by Lewis Hamilton as the Mercedes driver attempted to pass him up the inside at Copse.

The Red Bull driver shot off the circuit and through the gravel trap, which did little to slow his speed, before hitting the tyre barrier with an impact of 51G.

Verstappen, whose RB16B suffered “approximately $1.8m” worth of damage, was taken to the track’s medical centre before being flown to Coventry Hospital for further checks after reporting that he was feeling dizzy.

Horner has recalled those first few moments after the crash and the fear that griped him when Verstappen didn’t immediately answer the team radio.

“That was the biggest accident Max has had in his racing career,” he wrote in his latest Red Bull blog, “and the first, and hopefully last time he’s hospitalised.

“When Max was unable to respond on the team radio, time stood still. In that moment you forget everything else apart from the safety of the driver, a person who is like family to all of us and it reminds you of the risk and reward in our sport.

“When he was finally able to speak, the relief was enormous and then to see him helped out of the car by the medical team, albeit somewhat dazed and in need of support, was an incredible feeling.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-ve...-broken-crash/

Verstappen left "battered and bruised" after Hamilton crash - GPFans F1 Recap
    GPFans Staff
    Saturday 24 July 2021 23:30

Christian Horner has revealed Max Verstappen "felt like he'd done a few rounds with Tyson Fury" after his dramatic collision with Lewis Hamilton at the British Grand Prix

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/67...fans-f1-recap/

Red Bull F1 value British Grand Prix crash damage at over £1.3million
    • Charles Crook
    24th July 2021.

The Red Bull F1 team have valued damage following Max Verstappen’s crash at the British Grand Prix at over £1.3million to fix.
    The figure quoted came in a column from team principal Christian Horner, which was published on the Red Bull F1 website as his reaction to last weekend’s controversial event at Silverstone.

https://citiblog.co.uk/2021/07/24/re...er-1-3million/

Red Bull take aim at Lewis Hamilton in new dig over Max Verstappen crash ahead of Hungary
    Lewis Hamilton trails Max Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship by eight points.

By Charlie Gordon
    PUBLISHED: 00:07, Sun, Jul 25, 2021 | UPDATED: 06:48, Sun, Jul 25, 2021

And Horner has taken a new dig at Hamilton as he said in his Red Bull column: “I felt the narrative that Max was being ‘overly aggressive’ at that stage was unjustified. “You only have to look at the fact Max has zero penalty points on his licence and has not been found guilty of any on-track misjudgements in recent years.

“The aggressive 17-year-old F1 rookie Max Verstappen that Hamilton is referring to is not the Max Verstappen of today, just as Hamilton is not the same driver he was when he entered the sport.

“Both drivers are of course uncompromising in their driving style, but they are both highly skilled drivers with a great deal of experience.
    The reality is that Hamilton has met his match in a car that is now competitive, and I agree that both drivers need to show each other respect, but Hamilton was the aggressor on Sunday."

Tensions understandably ran high in the Red Bull camp after the race, given their leads in both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships were cut dramatically.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-Grand-Prix-F1

Villeneuve: Any other race and Hamilton would have lifted off the gas sooner.
    24th July 2021, ‎10‎:‎15

After seeing Lewis Hamilton collide with Max Verstappen at the British GP, Jacques Villeneuve had flashbacks to his championship win when he was nearly sent off track by Michael Schumacher.

Jacques Villeneuve believes Lewis Hamilton misjudged the situation that resulted him taking Max Verstappen out of the British GP on the opening lap.

The championship leader was out of the race before it even started after the Briton clipped him from behind at Copse corner on the opening lap. Hamilton, who received a 10-second penalty, eventually battled back to take the chequered flag, but Villeneuve believes the seven-time World Champion took a risk that he otherwise wouldn't have taken at another event.

"Lewis misjudged the situation," Villeneuve told F1-Insider. "He should have known that at that speed, when he was behind, there would be dirty air which could cause his car to slide into Max's car.

"I think the pressure - to not be beaten by Max at his home race - was so great that he subconsciously accepted this risk. I think in any other race he would have lifted off the gas earlier in that corner."

https://racingnews365.com/villeneuve...the-gas-sooner

Horner Says Red Bull F1 Team May Seek Further Penalties Against Hamilton
    Writing on the team’s blog, Christian Horner says British GP crash will have ‘massive ramifications.'

BY GREG ENGLE
    Jul 24, 2021

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...inst-hamilton/

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Probably the same. But the tit for tat would ruin both teams. It would degrade the championship battle into a bitter war which is not the entertainment the fans are paying to watch. Redbull and you Redbull fans should man up and take this one on the chin as a racing incident. Any intentional stuff would inspire further intentional retaliation.
    It has only been Red Bull races ruined by Mercedes in the last 3 years.

Who is the always in the center of it - Hamilton. As Albon said - "Hamilton is such a sore looser"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I'd bring it in from next season, of your found at fault for causing a crash that damages another teams car, the guilty team should pay the costs

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    This much is worse than Bernie's reverse grid idea.

6. Likes: N. Jones (26th July 2021),pantealex (26th July 2021)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What kind of sanctions does the jury have to their disposal?

in my books this is a very serious incident, where Verstappen easily could have been killed, had the car hit the wall in a different angle or Max`s head first if car flipped.

Then Hamilton almost did the same again passing Leclerc.

In my book Hamilton is getting to desperat to win, and is now reckless. And the penalty was imo to small. You need to think potential consequenses in these cornering speeds.

Hopefully cornerimg speed will go down with the 2022 cars.
    No, Charles gave Lewis plenty of room. I think Max was too tight into Copse. Oh well, everyone is safe.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

8. Likes: pantealex (26th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    No, Charles gave Lewis plenty of room. I think Max was too tight into Copse. Oh well, everyone is safe.
    This youtube vid is an onboard from both Hamilton and Verstappen's cars approaching and through to the point of the crash.

Redbull is doing its very best to try to mess with Hamilton's head. Are they going to keep racing each other hard, well l hope so.

A great discussion about the incident can be found here as well
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th July 2021 at 07:55.
    William Shakespeare

I think Silverstone indicated that Alonso deserves a top car. Imagine Alonso in the Mclaren, l would venture to say the Mclaren may have finished that race on the podium. In the sprint race, Alonso demonstrated how to break the tow of the chasing car legally by weaving. It was a brilliant weekend for Alonso, he is great again.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This much is worse than Bernie's reverse grid idea.
    Really! Why do you think that?

Really! Why do you think that?
    Worst idea ever floated on here that is why.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Worst idea ever floated on here that is why.
    Pretty close to the worst response on here , ever .

I'm not so sure about charging the other guy , but adding the amount of cash paid for repairs to the team's budget if the driver is deemed to not be deserving of a penalty in the incident seems like it could be fair .

See , debate doesn't hurt .