Page 198 of 277 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2762
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    How many drivers were entered? Looks like 10, including Liam, so understandable that IMG were keen to get someone. Can't see the series working if they insist it runs in the UK and the US (and only a handful of dates in the US), cost of transporting a car over is going to really restrict who's willing to play.
    Yeah, there were 10 cars entered (two Andretti Beetles, three Vermont WRX STI, two Munnich Ibiza, Liam in a DS3, Phillipe Maloigne in a G-FORS Clio and Andy Scott in an Albatec 208). Of those the Beetles and Subaru's will definitely be at the other three rounds, with Liam a maybe at the moment.

The only other drivers confirmed to enter are Ken Block and Steve Arpin, who will be using the Hoonigan Racing Focus RS RX. Arpin was testing the Focus last week and both cars should be ready for Round 2.

Round two will be at the Circuit of the Americas at some point in July, with Round three at Trois-Rivieres (Canada) in August and Round 4 back at the Circuit of the Americas in September. Rounds three and four both tie in with World Championship events.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Planetemarcus

@planetemarcus
    #WRX That’s it ... Official news : FIA voted for World Rallycross Championship move to electric technology for 2020 season

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Planetemarcus

@planetemarcus
    #WRX That’s it ... Official news : FIA voted for World Rallycross Championship move to electric technology for 2020 season
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

Open also for privateer teams. Let´s see are factory teams even interested with this single supply system.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

Open also for privateer teams. Let´s see are factory teams even interested with this single supply system.
    At least one manufacturer only got involved this year if the switch to electric was guaranteed. There are nine manufacturers who are expressing serious interest in electric rallycross.

It is the factory teams who are leading this.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

A while ago FIA said that 9 manufacturers are highly interested - Audi, VW and Peugeot are one of them.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I know that manufacturers were very interested but did they know that it will be single supplier series ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

I know that manufacturers were very interested but did they know that it will be single supplier series ?
    They know probably way ahead of all of us. FIA don't make decision before talking to some of them. It's the money they bring into the game and all the way if they are not interested they probably wouldn't bother to push this thing forward.

8. Likes: pantealex (8th June 2018)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Do you guys know the European AutoCross championship? Im from south america, so its kinda like a new discovery for me. Im completely sold on this series! Watch this....
    just Wait till the end.. haha Trust me
    https://www.facebook.com/AtrumaCilts...5085821298137/

These SuperBuggy are 4wd. IDK if they are as fast as a supercar or a rxlites car, but its pretty awesome IMO. And they are all very "amateur", kinda like the old EuroRX. The amateur videos from the teams, drivers and public have always a great "atmosphere".
    Lots of different engines too. VW, Ford, Alfa, Porsche, BMW, Skoda, Suzuki... Theres even a V8 competing!
    Anyway. Not the topic of this thread, but Im really excited about this series. Nitiss was present during this last round in Latvia. It'd be interesting if there was more investment on this series.. but not that much haha if u know what I mean.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    I bet they ASKED for that.
    Which is weird... Same thought about FormulaE with spec chassis and batery. Panasonic kinda created a battery that dont use cobalt (or something like this). Imagine if they had the race tracks to explore those innovations!
    But eh... lets run on turtle shoes

Two things hapenned at Q's now at HellRX that bothers me. Why the hell Kristoffersson start in race in Q1 with drivers who everyone barely know. That clearly gave him huge advantage to dominate it. While the rest of the field (I mean by that top drivers like Bakkerud, Hansens, Loeb, Larsson, Timur, Ekstrom...) all have tough competition in Q1.

Next Loeb and Timur contact.. I mean Ekstrom immediately get penalty but here it nothing happens to that French ass.

I don't know but I think it's not fair in both cases...