Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1049
    Liked 451 Times in 106 Posts
    Guys, can you help me figure something out? What is the point of the final time control?

To me it seems silly to have something that can affect the results after the award ceremony. There may be mechanical problems which prevent drivers getting there in time or teams may simply use it to shuffle the standings around as has been the case several times. Why not end the rally at the finish line of power stage?

I can understand the nessecity of time controls and time penalties regarding it before stages - you need it to make sure everyone is at the start line at the correct time in correct order so the proper flow of the event can be quaranteed. Makes perfect sense. But what is so important about the final time control that it needs to dictate the rally results?

I have several unanswered questions in my mind about the rules since I started watching WRC in more detail last year, in the light of Rally germany I thought I would try and clear this one.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kradovech View Post
    Guys, can you help me figure something out? What is the point of the final time control?

To me it seems silly to have something that can affect the results after the award ceremony. There may be mechanical problems which prevent drivers getting there in time or teams may simply use it to shuffle the standings around as has been the case several times. Why not end the rally at the finish line of power stage?

I can understand the nessecity of time controls and time penalties regarding it before stages - you need it to make sure everyone is at the start line at the correct time in correct order so the proper flow of the event can be quaranteed. Makes perfect sense. But what is so important about the final time control that it needs to dictate the rally results?

I have several unanswered questions in my mind about the rules since I started watching WRC in more detail last year, in the light of Rally germany I thought I would try and clear this one.
    The rally is not finished at the finish line of the power stage, it's finished when the car is in parc ferme.

3. Likes: Jarek Z (25th August 2019),Tauri_J (25th August 2019),the sniper (25th August 2019)
    Liked 451 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    The rally is not finished at the finish line of the power stage, it's finished when the car is in parc ferme.
    Yes, I understand that. My question was why it is like that? Is it only historical reasons or is there something else?

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

6. Likes: NielsH (25th August 2019)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

8. Likes: NielsH (25th August 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I didn´t see this one here
    https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland....Decision_5.pdf
    Morten Řstberg fighting with fire-mans...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: dimviii (25th August 2019),Jarek Z (25th August 2019),Mirek (25th August 2019),Tauri_J (25th August 2019),the sniper (25th August 2019)
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Yes, I understand that. My question was why it is like that? Is it only historical reasons or is there something else?
    Because that's how rally works. It's always been like that. You start at the parc ferme and you finish there too so they can do final scrutineering.

12. Likes: Jarek Z (25th August 2019),Kradovech (25th August 2019)
    Liked 53 Times in 15 Posts

14. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (25th August 2019),Ha3aP (26th August 2019),Jarek Z (25th August 2019),Mirek (25th August 2019),Rally Power (25th August 2019)
    Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Well, the fight for the WMC should be a great one. Adamo's calculations with the lineup vs the unstoppable Tanak and awakened Meeke and Latvala.

I can't see Ogier retaining the title, the C3 is just not the championhsip car. Turkey is a hasard for anyone and there is a cleaning effect, the same goes for Australia if the championship will be opened then at all. Half tarmac Spain will also cost Ogier a lot since C3 is a proven blunder on that surface. Not even close to being enough to come back from -40.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Well this is how rallies are arranged. The podium at the end of the power stage is a fake podium only for television. The results are always provisional at that point. Basically even the winner could still retire on the last road section.

Rally Sweden ends so close to the service park that they can show the actual podium on TV.

17. Likes: Jarek Z (25th August 2019),Kradovech (25th August 2019),the sniper (25th August 2019)