Page 225 of 227 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This is from last week's Motorsport News. Budar has said all along that the cars will be available to rent or to buy. However, this doesn't mean someone has the money for them.
    didnt post it because its something new,but because they could be rented with homologation updates.
    We had a conversation here ,about who is going to rent it when they will be no homologation updates with the new aero for example.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    As Citroen have quit WRC then what use are the WRCar's to them... sit them in a museum ?

If no-one can afford to buy/rent the C3's they would gain more by letting a private team have them and get the good publicity, plus the exposure on rallies.

Liked 2,089 Times in 902 Posts
    I think for a private team it would be easier to rent them.. otherwise they could end up like Valery Gorban, having punch of Mini WRC cars..

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    As Citroen have quit WRC then what use are the WRCar's to them... sit them in a museum ?

If no-one can afford to buy/rent the C3's they would gain more by letting a private team have them and get the good publicity, plus the exposure on rallies.
    Unless they are unreliable because of poor preparation or they look well off the pace because of poor driving.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Remember Adapta’s attempt to run the ‘17 Fiesta? Current WRC cars are almost impossible to be run by privateers. Besides, from the interviews Budar gave it’s not clear that the cars could get 2020 upgrades (probably they wouldn’t).

Btw, Budar confirmed to Auto-Hebdo that the aero-pack delay was mostly due to FIA’s lack of rules clarification and that after Ogier pull-out (no details about the parting agreement) they talked to Neuville, but they could only offer him a 1 year contract (according to their 2019-20 plan).

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Do we really need any more third world countries now like Russia and India?
    There always seems to be some problem with them.
    I really can't see why manufacturers would be interested in hybrid only running on road section, i can't see how they can find any real development to use in road from this solution, unlike F1 where you have both MGU-K and MGU-H
    Interesting questions; why not move them to ‘WRC future’ thread?
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: Sulland (3rd December 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    There`s the money part, ofc, but in Ostberg`s case, there was also the case of lacking spareparts, setups and having to test with his one and only car also. Ofc also due to budget, but also M-Sport not able to provide anything as fast as their maincars. So i think that if someone, a Sheik or Serderidis for example, is interested and satisfied with the offered package, they will do something.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    So what was the problem that Adapta had to run the '17 Fiesta?

Everyone was saying it was expensive... ok so it's the cost of running the car.

Was there anything else? Logistics? Parts? Technical team? Mechanics? Engine? Up-keep?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Was there anything else? Logistics? Parts? Technical team? Mechanics? Engine? Up-keep?
    All of the above.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    If you think back about Østberg's 2017 season, he was often on the pace, but had some issues that dropped him. Rear wheel bearings broke numerous times, from a part that was made stronger in the M-Sport cars. Also some hydraulic/electronic issues which plagued M-Sport only early in the season. Also, had he continued in 2018, the car would have started to lack upgrades that the M-Sport cars had.

At most, I can see some hobbyist/gentleman driver using the C3 WRC's, but no one with a competitive target.

11. Likes: Allez Andruet (3rd December 2019),tomhlord (3rd December 2019)
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    I think Petter Solberg proved that point almost 10 years ago now....