Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Disaster for Lappi, 40s is huge here! Can't seem to catch a break lately
    Where did you see it’s 40 seconds?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    If Lappi started stage 4 minutes late, as is reported, that's what it incurs.

Liked 1,484 Times in 846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    If Lappi started stage 4 minutes late, as is reported, that's what it incurs.
    Wasn’t aware it was 4 minutes.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Wasn’t aware it was 4 minutes.
    Says so on WRC.com live updates. Penalty itself hasn't been registered yet, maybe there is some confusion about it.

Liked 2,278 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Some confusion here over Lappi

Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Ewrc were showing a 40s penalty but it's gone again since, hopefully not!

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    The guy - a world champion - has an insurmountable penalty before even starting his home rally, and you expect him to be all smiles and 'I will just have some fun' at stage end interviews? Seriously?

I'd rather see him as he is, being honest, than giving the standard rally driver bullshit at stage ends.
    It´s not bullshit being positive. A true sportsman leave yeswterday and goes on. I know he´s a special personality, but it doesn´t excuse him for not being able to tell positive things. For example after stage wins.

When should he start being positive you mean? Never?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: cali (21st July 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    It´s not bullshit being positive. A true sportsman leave yeswterday and goes on. I know he´s a special personality, but it doesn´t excuse him for not being able to tell positive things. For example after stage wins.

When should he start being positive you mean? Never?
    I'm sure it would be easier to 'leave yesterday behind' if what happened yesterday hadn't completely f*cked today, tomorrow and Sunday for him.

Let's be clear - yes, driving rally cars is fun. Yes, he's in a privileged position that others would kill for, blah blah blah. But ultimately, his job - his life's work - is fighting for world championships, and thanks to something outside of his control that happened 24 hours ago, that job is completely screwed this weekend (on his home rally, in a country where he's probably the highest-profile athlete they've ever had) and likely now the rest of the year, and you want him to start being positive?

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you understand how people operating at his level work. What's he got to be positive about? "Yeah, I'm winning stages, 6th overall here I come!!!"?
    Last edited by ouvreur; 21st July 2023 at 07:49.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (21st July 2023),cali (21st July 2023),Corcaíoch (21st July 2023),HenryEST (21st July 2023),Tauri_J (21st July 2023)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    I'm sure it would be easier to 'leave yesterday behind' if what happened yesterday hadn't completely f*cked today, tomorrow and Sunday for him.

Let's be clear - yes, driving rally cars is fun. Yes, he's in a privileged position that others would kill for, blah blah blah. But ultimately, his job - his life's work - is fighting for world championships, and thanks to something outside of his control that happened 24 hours ago, that job is completely screwed this weekend (on his home rally, in a country where he's probably the highest-profile athlete they've ever had) and likely now the rest of the year, and you want him to start being positive?

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you understand how people operating at his level work. What's he got to be positive about? "Yeah, I'm winning stages, 6th overall here I come!!!"?
    Obviously you and I also are persons on a different average mode. I can easily leave things behind, and as you mentioned he has so much to be happy for. An engine failure one day, crash another. Should he have that in mind all the time? Is that what you learn from shrinks?
    Sportsmen often need them, but I think Ott need it more.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 9,374 Times in 4,987 Posts
    Tanak should at least be positive about the stage wins and the (performance) work done with the car seems to be paying off.

13. Likes: cali (21st July 2023),Rallyper (21st July 2023),skarderud (21st July 2023)