Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    In my opinion Max flatter the car, Gasly has not htat ability and I suspect Albon to fail also. It´s the same case as in Alfa Romeo.
    Similar to you, I'm not sure what to expect from Albon. Though it would be hard for anyone to get close to Max currently, maybe the more logical choice would be to put Kimi in the RB!

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Similar to you, I'm not sure what to expect from Albon. Though it would be hard for anyone to get close to Max currently, maybe the more logical choice would be to put Kimi in the RB!
    Bottas or Alonso would make better sense. But l would give Albon the benefit of the doubt. That said, Verstapenn is a class act in the Redbull.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    I've read that Gasly was experiencing some friction with his engineers , and it looks like Albon is almost always smiling , and taking orders dutifully , so it's not too surprising in the end .
    Harmony , when they clearly have a number one in Max , could be crucial , and perhaps it wasn't there with Pierre .

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Guys with bent knees and a big smile have it easy in Life.

5. Likes: N. Jones (16th August 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Guys with bent knees and a big smile have it easy in Life.
    They are also not world championship title winners and never would be. The winners are difficult and miserable when things are not working for them. You are very unlikely to find any F1 world champion that bent their knees and smiled their way to winning a F1 title. The world champion types are quirky, stubborn and fiercely competitive.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th August 2019 at 19:46.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I've read that Gasly was experiencing some friction with his engineers , and it looks like Albon is almost always smiling , and taking orders dutifully , so it's not too surprising in the end .
    Harmony , when they clearly have a number one in Max , could be crucial , and perhaps it wasn't there with Pierre .
    That is understandable, he was not getting the car he feels he needs to get to the front of the grid. It is also a testament of how good Verstapenn is. Remember, he got the Ricciado side of the garage as would Albon, bless him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th August 2019 at 19:48.
    William Shakespeare

I really do not think Gasly is crap, far from it. I think he is a world championship winning material in the right team with the right car. Redbull might not be the right environment for him to realize his full F1 potential. If l were him, l would cut loose like Sainz did and find a new path. If Kyvat is anything to go by, he is probably unlikely to get a second chance with Redbull in the future.
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: truefan72 (13th August 2019)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think he is a world championship winning material in the right team with the right car.
    Forget Verstappen. If the guy is a WDC material, he should have done a better job at staying ahead of those McLarens and Renaults in some races.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Forget Verstappen. If the guy is a WDC material, he should have done a better job at staying ahead of those McLarens and Renaults in some races.
    I hear there has been friction between him and his engineers. In such a situation which is inherently hostile, l doubt he was getting the best from his engineers, hence, it was unlikely that he was driving with the same optimum setup as Verstapenn was enjoying. It is easy to criticize the guy, but you do not know what factors are involved in preventing him from reaching his full potential.

For a start, he had the crappy side of the garage as we noticed with Ricciado. Then, he was given a trainee or newly promoted engineer. I can see how frustrated he must have felt with all the pressure to perform on his shoulders. I worry for Albon, as he needs to perform under similar short comings and very clearly from the outset going to underperform as he would not enjoy the same level of service as Verstapenn would enjoy. But he; at least has the chance to do a better job of building a good relationship with his new engineers and see if he can extract a better service than Gasly was able to extract. If Albon can do that, he would outperform Gastly. But l doubt he would come anywhere near being able to challenge Verstapenn. It would be a pleasant surprise if he could under these circumstances pull a coup or level on performances.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 16th August 2019 at 13:21.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I really do not think Gasly is crap, far from it. I think he is a world championship winning material in the right team with the right car. Redbull might not be the right environment for him to realize his full F1 potential. If l were him, l would cut loose like Sainz did and find a new path. If Kyvat is anything to go by, he is probably unlikely to get a second chance with Redbull in the future.
    No, he’s not. And I think that’s why RBR didn’t promote him into Toro Rosso straight away in 2017. He could have easily been in F1 earlier but RBR chose to stick with Kvyat before eventually replacing him with Pierre.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 20th August 2019 at 06:45.