Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    "while there have been no too big safety or organizing issues on this rally"

What rally did you follow?
    I dont see wrc+. so maybe i missed something. Rallyblog which i follow hasnt mentioned safety issues, and those couple of stages i have seen live seem to be almost empty of people, except near some jumps or other dedicated viewing spots.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Top3 are doing good rally and all deserve the podium place. Others have had some degree of bad luck mixed with own mistakes.

But overall, while there have been no too big safety or organizing issues on this rally (not bigger than in many other events, some minor issues tend to happen to everybody every now and then), it feels bit tired and uninspiring. I think that this rally should go and make space for Japan or some other hungry new organizer. Kick Sardegna too and maybe bring back Akropolis. And next year Estonia would like event, i am 100% sure that Urmo Aava will arrange kickass rally.

Personally i am exited that Tänak has chances to come out of this rally still on leading position - next rallies should be easier and then he might be able to fight for a win again.

If you can’t see the jump in ss1 was like playing Russian roulette with spectators lives, you need to revise your definition of safe.

3. Likes: WRC1 (10th March 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    If you can’t see the jump in ss1 was like playing Russian roulette with spectators lives, you need to revise your definition of safe.
    Right, forgot that one already. I quess canceling the stage was justified. Even more reason to scrap this event.

Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Can the fact the red flag conspiracy theories were just that be a lesson. Pages of garbage on here were based on them.

In future we shouldnt repeat them and just wait for the facts.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 10th March 2019 at 11:34.

6. Likes: dnb (10th March 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I don`t remember groups of people standing in the apex and taking selfies is such a big issue in EU, also "self-closing" gates without marshals etc.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Can the fact the red flag conspiracy theories were just that be a lesson. Pages of garbage on here were based on them.

In future we shouldnt repeat them in future and wait for the facts.
    So a WRC driver literary calls out another team for cheating on a live broadcast and we're supposed to ignore it 'awaiting facts'? No way fella, that is a legitimate talking point. It was discussed, theories constructively discussed/debunked, the discussion moved on...

9. Likes: dimviii (10th March 2019),er88 (10th March 2019),EstWRC (10th March 2019),juhoman (10th March 2019),krissucool (10th March 2019),Mirek (10th March 2019),Rallyper (10th March 2019),steve.mandzij (10th March 2019),T16 (10th March 2019)
    Liked 170 Times in 97 Posts
    What a day for Meeke yesterday. From first for a few minutes, to last of the non-withdrawn, to stuck in second gear after hitting a wall.

And they recalculate the running order for Sunday, so his road position will get worse for the power stage.

* bad words withheld *

I need to find some of that booze you lot were talking about...

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (10th March 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

In future we shouldnt repeat them and just wait for the facts.
    So Meeke accuses his old team of cheating and you think everyone should ignore it, until the FIA have made a judgement? Are you for real?

13. Likes: Rallyper (10th March 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    So a WRC driver literary calls out another team for cheating on a live broadcast and we're supposed to ignore it 'awaiting facts'? No way fella, that is a legitimate talking point. It was discussed, theories constructively discussed/debunked, the discussion moved on...
    At least we should be more carefull taking some drivers words as granted before judging others.

Btw, the usual Brit journo was eager to write a piece on Meeke accusation, quoting all his words, but Meeke apologize was just briefly mentioned among 2nd leg report...
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: dnb (10th March 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (10th March 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    I dont see wrc+. so maybe i missed something. Rallyblog which i follow hasnt mentioned safety issues, and those couple of stages i have seen live seem to be almost empty of people, except near some jumps or other dedicated viewing spots.
    Well, a humble advice is to have on your feet before quoting then.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...