Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You describe well the reason why a crash was inevitable at Corpse corner. One cannot keep a competitor who is alongside you, tight approaching a corner and expect them to back off to let you waltz through with ease. Your competitor would hug you tight as well to force you to take a wider line through the corner. That is fighting through the corner. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Well, he did not make allowances for Hamilton fighting him through the corner and turn into Hamilton, causing the crash. It was very daft. And you chaps just keep making a mockery of yourselves describing why it was dumb driving.

BTW Leclerc has his head well screwed on. A proper smart driver that thinks well on his feet.
    Max left room for Lewis .
    That is why Lewis got the penalty .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 21st July 2021 at 22:16.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    that's attempted murder if one could prove it was on purpose.

but although hamiltons statement would make you think otherwise, i find it hard to believe it was actually his intention to send max into the wall.
    There is plenty of video evidence of what happened. It was a racing incident. None of it was intentional. Hamilton did not take Vertstappen out. If the video evident indicated that was the case, the stewards would have issued a race ban easily.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: truefan72 (22nd July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    He left room for Max and did not back out .
    That is why he got the penalty .
    Nope, the crash was spectacular which is why he got the penalty. The disproportionate reactions also had loads to do with it.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: truefan72 (22nd July 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    There is not a speed where such a statement should be made. It would be made at whatever speed the bullying is taking place. At Silverstone, it took place at the fast-flowing corner of Corpse at 180 mph. That is the moment, speed and corner that Verstappen sought a response.

😆

Defending and intentionally punting someone into the wall are worlds apart. Keep digging..

that's attempted murder if one could prove it was on purpose.

but although hamiltons statement would make you think otherwise, i find it hard to believe it was actually his intention to send max into the wall.

Yes, it's quite a statement either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    ��

Defending and intentionally punting someone into the wall are worlds apart. Keep digging..
    Come on, how could you say Hamilton punted Verstappen into the wall. What race were you watching mate? Kurun Chandhok detailed analysis did not show that. Palmer's analysis on Formula One TV did not show that. Somehow you saw that on your TV
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: truefan72 (22nd July 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    ��

don't bother with nitro and TBK, they will defend hamilton whatever happens. no point in trying to convince thim he did anything wrong.

but as long as hamilton's not involved they are ok to discuss with.

"I was pretty far alongside him, but I could see he wasn't going to back out. But then we went into the corner and we collided"

Lewis's words, not mine.. he had also mentioned something about showing Max he was not going to be bullied.

Make of that what you will. I'm guessing it will be that he mispoke or that it doesn't prove it was intentional or whatever... but that's what he said.

don't bother with nitro and TBK, they will defend hamilton whatever happens. no point in trying to convince thim he did anything wrong.

but as long as hamilton's not involved they are ok to discuss with.
    I know. I don't expect to convince them but the arguments offer as justification are pretty funny.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I know. I don't expect to convince them but the arguments offer as justification are pretty funny.
    I especially like the lectures on proper racing .

But , I get confused when I'm right sometimes and then other times I have no idea what real racing is all about .

14. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd July 2021)