Page 194 of 277 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2762
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The guy that was dominating the incredibly unexciting sport called WRC, with nine wins, finally got a win in Rallycross. The level is so high that the last time Loeb was able to win was two years ago! In WRC Loeb didn't even crack a smile but said "for sure I am happii" to the cameras before walking off with yet a other trophy. In World RX the level is so high and winning so hard that Loeb was grinning from ear to ear continously from passing the line. He's probably still grinning. Not that it's surprising. Winning is a lot more rewarding when you actually have to work hard to do it.

I'm WRC there was one guy and one team on top. In WRX there's currently three teams neck and neck with Peugeot, VW and Audi. The Fords of Omse, the Hyundais of GRX Taneco and the Renaults from Gck are also really close. And only 16 points divide the top six drivers. That's close and exciting action, and we've only had three rounds so far!

The weekend in Mettet was challenging, but exciting to watch. Loeb, Petter and Timmy were well deserved winners and I'm glad Ekström finished all the way back after the asshole move he pulled on Grosset-Janin.

TLDR: World RX is amazing. WRC is still less fun than watching paint dry.
    Not good enough. Try harder.

Nice victory by Loeb, looks like VW won't be dominating as much as last year. I wonder if this year the driver championship will be won by an actual rallycross driver like Kristoffersson or by former WRC or DTM drivers.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    hey if you want to see a bunch of has beens battling it out for the "car sport that nobody cares about anymore" crown, its live on youtube from belgium...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVT_3Ek90A
    Yeah, Kristoffersson, Hansen(s) and Bakkerud in the Worlds, Raymond, Nitiss and Marklund in the Euros. So many "has beens" battling for the win...

...an interesting result from Belgium and good news for the Championship with Johan finishing further down the order and the points all closing up. Very dramatic semi-final 2 and final. Timmy Hansen denied another win at Mettet, but still a good weekend for Peugeot. The latest iteration of the 208 looked to have speed in rounds one and two, great to see the car deliver at last, it looks the biggest challenge to the Polo.

Am I the only one starting to go off Ekstrom? For a driver who so frequently preaches about clean racing, that is the second heavy turn one contact he has been involved with this year. I'd have been livid if I was Grosset-Janin.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Peugeots starts today have been impressive.
    Semi final 2 was great! Congrats to Bakkerud and Timmy for that Performance!

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I wonder if this year the driver championship will be won by an actual rallycross driver like Kristoffersson or by former WRC or DTM drivers.
    Like last year you mean?

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    The guy that was dominating the incredibly unexciting sport called WRC (...)
    TLDR: World RX is amazing. WRC is still less fun than watching paint dry.
    Just for the record: have you ever been to a WRC rally?

Btw, with so many ‘forum vigilantes’ around (always picking on wrongly placed posts), I’m amazed why we still have WRX thread in the Rally section. How about to move it to the racing section of the forum once for all?
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: stefanvv (14th May 2018),steve.mandzij (14th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Like last year you mean?
    Yes, like last year, that's why I named him.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Fun to watch, but some of these WRX tracks are so tight its making it more like stock car racing.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Not good enough. Try harder.

Nice victory by Loeb, looks like VW won't be dominating as much as last year. I wonder if this year the driver championship will be won by an actual rallycross driver like Kristoffersson or by former WRC or DTM drivers.
    Why is he an "actual rallycross driver"? Before he came to Rallycross he raced touring cars and Porsches on asphalt. He has won the Superstars Series (touring cars), won the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship and the Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Yeah, Kristoffersson, Hansen(s) and Bakkerud in the Worlds, Raymond, Nitiss and Marklund in the Euros. So many "has beens" battling for the win...

...an interesting result from Belgium and good news for the Championship with Johan finishing further down the order and the points all closing up. Very dramatic semi-final 2 and final. Timmy Hansen denied another win at Mettet, but still a good weekend for Peugeot. The latest iteration of the 208 looked to have speed in rounds one and two, great to see the car deliver at last, it looks the biggest challenge to the Polo.

Am I the only one starting to go off Ekstrom? For a driver who so frequently preaches about clean racing, that is the second heavy turn one contact he has been involved with this year. I'd have been livid if I was Grosset-Janin.
    Yeah, Grosset-Janin made some hand gestures to Ekström that were clear. He was NOT happy. It's strange how Ekström has gone from driving mostly with respect to being the biggest ass out there. He drives like I would expect from Timur or Bakkerud.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Just for the record: have you ever been to a WRC rally?

Btw, with so many ‘forum vigilantes’ around (always picking on wrongly placed posts), I’m amazed why we still have WRX thread in the Rally section. How about to move it to the racing section of the forum once for all?
    I followed the WRC religiously for many many years, probably since around 2001. But after 9 years of watching a french guy called Sebastian say "for sure I am happii" without even a hint of a smile and walking away with the trophy on every single race it gets a bit boring. When he was out another guy called Sebastian picked up where he left and kept it boring.
    I picked a random race, Corsica 2016. Sebastian won, Thierry was second, 46 seconds behind. Then Andreas Mikkelsen came in over a minute after. Then the rest followed minutes after. Yey.. Minutes, how exciting.. Sebastian could stop for coffee on his way to the podium.

I tried hard, for years, but come on, it really isn't exciting any more. I haven't really paid much attention this year, but a quick glance shows Sebastian winning three out of five races, is in the lead of course, and only four cars are in it.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I picked a random race, Corsica 2016. Sebastian won, Thierry was second, 46 seconds behind. Then Andreas Mikkelsen came in over a minute after. Then the rest followed minutes after. Yey.. Minutes, how exciting..
    You should have followed Gr. B days then. The difference was much bigger back then, and drivers could gain much more on single stage. But those were the times, and oh well - when Gr. B cars were banned from rally, guess what - they formed the rally cross as it is now. Funny, isn't it?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

11. Likes: pantealex (16th May 2018)
    Why is he an "actual rallycross driver"? Before he came to Rallycross he raced touring cars and Porsches on asphalt. He has won the Superstars Series (touring cars), won the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship and the Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia.
    I wasn't aware of that, I only knew he did a couple of rallies in Sweden for fun. I'll rephrase then: I wonder if this year the driver championship will be won by a former WRC, DTM or touring car driver.