Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I'm happy about Meeke finally getting a good result. Now all works drivers have a podium for this year.
    Been long overdue.

Unlucky puncture while leading Mexico, when he should've been finishing 2nd. Car issues/ puncture/ time penalty combined when Ogier pipped him to the podium on the last stage in Argentina, and then inexcusably chucking away 2nd and then 3rd place in rally portugal on the last day/stage. Overstepping the limit in Finland as well when that should've been another podium, despite the consequences of hitting that rock being unlucky vs how Latvala got off lightly.

Story of what might have been this year. It's poor conversion considering the positions he's been in, and that will make it doubly annoying for Meeke/Toyota because these tiny margins would've had him comfortably 4th in the championship and Toyota better off in the manufacturers.

However on the flipside of that, it's not like he's had a bad season in terms of being lost and miles off the pace in his first year in the Yaris. Let's see what he can do for the rest of the season, Turkey will be difficult though - 4th on the road now and wasn't there last year. Yaris struggled a bit for pace too (compared to how fast it is normally).
    Last edited by er88; 25th August 2019 at 14:46.

2. Likes: RAS007 (25th August 2019)
    Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    lol

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: HaCo (25th August 2019)
    Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Rare to see Ott crack a smile these last few years. I've not seen his film yet which I'd be interested to watch, as I'm sure it would give a good insight into the person.
    heres a short clip of the movie just released now (because of the win) https://www.facebook.com/otttanakmov...0800513232768/

in the behind the scenes photos i see a lot of pics with him smiling and etc, i think its just that he is so concentrated during the stages
    Last edited by EstWRC; 25th August 2019 at 15:28.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
    Video WRC Rally Germany 2019!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6dvTbxey8

7. Likes: EstWRC (25th August 2019)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Imagine if they drove like this from the start. Not pushing for stage wins and avoiding mistakes.

IMO they should have been coached this way already 5-6 rallies ago.
    Your only comment the whole rally and it couldn't even be a decent one

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    heres a short clip of the movie just released now (because of the win) https://www.facebook.com/otttanakmov...0800513232768/

in the behind the scenes photos i see a lot of pics with him smiling and etc, i think its just that he is so concentrated during the stages
    They’re hardly going to make him look like a dick in his own movie.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    It is incredible how poor the C3 is on asphalt these days. I think nobody has any objections if we say Ogier is one of the fastest if not the fastest asphalt drivers these days.

This year in Corsica and Germany, both strong events for him previously. He is driving 4-6th place pace all rally. Incredible.
    Maybe Ogier is not as fast as he once was?

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Rare to see Ott crack a smile these last few years. I've not seen his film yet which I'd be interested to watch, as I'm sure it would give a good insight into the person.

But his mood seems to have darkened the better he's performed.
    Its an act.. Ice man

Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Your only comment the whole rally and it couldn't even be a decent one
    'Meeke Bashing' is a virus.. Apparently there is no cure just yet. He's a bad case.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Who knows what is going on behind the scebe. Mexico for example, a solid 2nd...dead-serious Tänak. Afterwards it came out that he had just received a message from his wife saying they are in the hospital with their kid...