Page 225 of 277 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2762
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The next 208 will have a 100% electric version, using the new E-CMP platform (recently inaugurated in the DS3 Crossback). The ‘electrification’ mentioned by Peugeot CEO is about having Hybrid models but also fully Electric cars; there’s no PR confusion in it.
    Nobody mentioned some "confusion" about it. The fact is the PR is being deliberately vague with the differentiation between Hybrids and full electrics, hence the term electrification. They know most of their sold cars in the foreseeable future will still have an ICE in them. I understand they will have full EVs in the line up, and for their sake they better sell a few of them (they have to if they want to reach the EU emission targets).

My point is Peugeot excuse for dropping out is not honest, I very much doubt they would stay even if next year the WRX was already full electric. I think they might have something else up their sleeve, which will be more in line with their catalogue, and I think an Hybrid series (like WEC) would make more sense.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    My point is Peugeot excuse for dropping out is not honest, I very much doubt they would stay even if next year the WRX was already full electric. I think they might have something else up their sleeve, which will be more in line with their catalogue, and I think an Hybrid series (like WEC) would make more sense.
    How can you say they’re not being honest? They’ve quit Dakar to enter the WRX, having E-WRX in mind. From the 9 potentially interested manus, only Peugeot and VW were left to support E-WRX. The series delay didn’t help finding new manus and affected Peugeot marketing goals (notably the 208EV promotion). E-WRX future become unpredictable and investing millions in such a project was no longer reasonable. Those are plain facts and quite valid reasons to pull out.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 21st October 2018 at 14:49.
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: tomhlord (22nd October 2018)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Meanwhile in FRX, Antoine Masse has clinched the title..

BTW, I've asking GRE about the YT channel, and they just said that all races will be broadcasted on Eurosport Player instead..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    And you really believe that.
    Why wouldn't I? Peugeot were very vocal about rallycross going electric and the only reason they got involved when they did was because that transition was on the horizon.

The introduction of electric was delayed to allowed more manufacturers to get involved. I wonder if the decision of Peugeot is indicative that no more manufacturers have - or look likely to - sign on the dotted line, thus meaning that the introduction of electric is going to slip back again until such time when they can get enough manufacturers committed.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Good news and bad news this morning: good news is that Holjes will be in the World Championship for at least the next five years, bad news is that OMSE won't be back in the World Championship next year.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    This is pretty terrible now and a worrying sign.

You simply cannot compete with the VW.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    This is pretty terrible now and a worrying sign.

You simply cannot compete with the VW.
    The battle for second could be interesting; EKS, Hansen, GCK, GRX plus the new Skoda duo, but it's hard to see anyone other than VW lifting the title.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Good news and bad news this morning: good news is that Holjes will be in the World Championship for at least the next five years, bad news is that OMSE won't be back in the World Championship next year.
    I can see them competing at GRE..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    The battle for second could be interesting; EKS, Hansen, GCK, GRX plus the new Skoda duo, but it's hard to see anyone other than VW lifting the title.
    But it could equally not be, as Hansen and EKS are far from confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    But it could equally not be, as Hansen and EKS are far from confirmed.
    True. I'd be surprised not to see Hansen back as they have long had strong presence in rallycross.

(Though I would be surprised if Loeb is with them next year)