Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...from1990to2020

Not the most enjoyable of statistics, but it would appear here in England we have been in a state of constant pandemic up until 2010 with steady decline in the subsequent years till 2020 when we went back to 2009 levels.
    Same source:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ding2april2021

(large increase in weekly deaths correlated with reported number of covid cases).

What your long term numbers show is that UK had a remarkable reduction in number of deaths after 2009...but not much about Covid.

To support what Mirek writes this is the same graph for CZ:
    https://www.czso.cz/csu/czso/obypz_cr

As you know these increases in number of deaths happened even though there were various levels of lockdown/restrictions in these countries.

How many lockdowns were there in UK in 2009???
    (to compare with "same" situation)

How do you think the numbers would look without lockdowns?

(Btw. Sweden is not an argument here as they actually had much more strict restrictions than rest of Europe for most of last year, the main difference is they didn't lock down completely during the peaks. Also compare Sweden with their neigbours).

2. Likes: AnttiL (16th April 2021),cali (16th April 2021),the sniper (17th April 2021)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bisak View Post
    The "medical issue" is nothing. This is a FACT for which there's sufficient publicly available data now to prove, as @NickRally has mentioned.

Now turning the flu into a scamdemic is really something. For which each one of you blindly obedient, mask-wearing, gene-therapy accepting, thinking-of-common-good-citizens are responsible for.

@AnttiL, probably the "accidental deaths" that didn't happen because of people being locked up in their homes, are "nicely" compensated by deaths of undiagnosed cancer or suicide from depression, don't you think so?
    Might I suggest that you go and live in Brazil.

4. Likes: cali (17th April 2021),pantealex (17th April 2021)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Might I suggest that you go and live in Brazil.
    there are actually few deaths in brazil, compared to european countries.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    few ?

More than all European countries together...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

7. Likes: cali (17th April 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    few ?

More than all European countries together...
    They are 12th on deaths per capita. Behind 11 european countries. They are pretty much equal to Mexico, peru or the usa.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I AM from Brazil.
    The "per capita" numbers are just "numbers for a pretty graphic", mate. Things here are UGLY! Like, for real.
    I caught the virus last month. Very week effects on me, thankfully. Just a low fever and some pain on the body.
    But we are on the 400k deaths already. Some say its already 500k cuz, of course, we are a poor country so the official notifications dont work really well for the poorest parts of the country (most of the country, tbh)

10. Likes: cali (17th April 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I AM from Brazil.
    The "per capita" numbers are just "numbers for a pretty graphic", mate. Things here are UGLY! Like, for real.
    I caught the virus last month. Very week effects on me, thankfully. Just a low fever and some pain on the body.
    But we are on the 400k deaths already. Some say its already 500k cuz, of course, we are a poor country so the official notifications dont work really well for the poorest parts of the country (most of the country, tbh)
    And still at lot of other countries are just as bad or even worse.

Here in belgium we have had 20% more deaths per capita than in brasil, yet the situation has never been ugly. Just a few more old people have died compared to the last years.

Nothing to worry about, 10 years ago people were dying just as fast and nobody cared.

12. Likes: bisak (17th April 2021)
    Nothing to worry about, 10 years ago people were dying just as fast and nobody cared.
    There wasnt a virus killing +200k "extra" people per year down here, mate.

14. Likes: cali (17th April 2021)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Some differences between the Belgian and Brazilian demographics.

Population in Brazil 213,4 million, in Belgium 11,7 million.
    Median age in Brazil is 33,2, in Belgium 41,6.
    Percentage of population older than 65: In Brazil 9,21%, in Belgium 19,21%

Higher percentage of Belgians are older than 65 than in Brazil, but the number of people in in the 65+ age group in Brazil is greater than the population of Belgium. Also in Brazil the hospitalisation rate of younger than 65 has been on the rise for some time.

Instead of giving you the GDPs of the two countries, here are the number of hospital beds per 1000 people in the country. In Belgium it's 5,7, while in Brazil it's 2,1.

This pandemic will scar the society for a long time. It's not just the deaths, but also the polarisation of people, higher number of people expressing their more extreme leaning opinions, the mental toll on people (be it the healthcare workers or people stuck in their reduced world) and also overloaded healthcare system which most likely has or will result in later health issue discoveries.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

16. Likes: AnttiL (17th April 2021),cali (17th April 2021),pantealex (18th April 2021),skarderud (21st April 2021),the sniper (17th April 2021)
    Its werid cuz there is some people here in Brazil saying things like that. That Dengue and Zika kills more people per year. That the Flu kills the same amount of people every year... But I keep looking for this Data and I never find! Dengue kills 1k people/year here sometimes. The Flu is big, bit its not 10% of the Covid deaths....

Heart disseasses kills like +100k people/year here but its unfair to say that "no one cares" when tons of money has being putted into research and treatments literally every year. It used to be +400k deaths per year from heart disseasses. It used to be a million. I believe its the same for the europeans country.
    Medicine and science keeps progressing in these areas every year. With Covid I hope its going to be the same because it is a thing that one person can infect another one. Its not just Genes or personal health (diet, exercise, drugs, stress...)
    Its never "ok" to see +200k more deaths per year because of a virus, u'know? I mean... I dont want to see +200k extra people dying... But some want. What can I do? =[

18. Likes: AnttiL (17th April 2021),pantealex (18th April 2021)