Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1199
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Ogier gets all the hate simply because he is the CHAMP!

How would you feel after plenty of seasons opening the road on most gravel events?! Im willing to bet, without even looking at the stats, that in the seasons where we had championship order on first day Ogier was likely starting first on 70% of the races. It would drive anyone mad.

Here in Portugal it was actually not that bad but in certain rallys (Sardinia, Catalunya) you are almost guareented to be out of contention on 3 bloody stages.

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    When Sordo will be asked and will deny this ,who are we going to believe?

4. Likes: AL14 (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Full denial or silence, he wants to drive a WRCar. This is just something that will stay in the air I think.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Sordo will say no comment for sure. Personally for me it's like 50 / 50. But I don't think Adamo would "order" Sordo, just ask if he was ok with it.

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Same place of Lappi's roll?

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Q:
    On the Power Stage today, it appeared that you were faster that Sébastien Ogier. Did you slow towards the end?
    OT:
    It was a long story. The Power Stage was a long one. At first, we were thinking about the strategy a little and we thought that every point would be important at the end of the year. We were going to be three ahead of Seb without the Power Stage points. I thought that I should be faster than him. The plan was to collect as many points as possible but Kris made his mistake and that changed everything. Seb was on the podium and we were on the same level on points. I knew I needed to be a bit slower to avoid opening the road in Sardinia. Then Thierry got in between us and I lost another point.

the rest https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-o-tanak...s-i-have-taken
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The tactics used were exactly the same as Citroen did this year in Sweden (with Ogier), and Toyota did in Mexico (with Latvala ).... and the one who first introduced them was again.... Ogier.

EDIT: Note that I wrote already in Sweden how this is BS and that FIA should add a rule to prevent this or every team will start doing it.
    Ogier's road-order tactics were just to help himself where he felt 'hard done by'. His Sweden snow-ploughing had reduced him to 10th place !

M-Sport only used team-orders to drop their own driver(s) back to increase the points scored by their No.1.

None of these were to deliberately disadvantage an opponent, like Hyundai did here (and Adamo wanted to do even worse).
    #M-SPORTER

10. Likes: Ds3 (3rd June 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    Same place of Lappi's roll?
    yes

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Looking at Meeke spin on the power stage, you have to have some sympathy for him. The tree stump was getting more exposed with each car, otherwise he would habe had it in his pacenotes, and he commited to the angle of attack well before the apex, and most likely the wheel was open, and just snagged the tree stump. Tough one, he maybe was cutting too much, but very fine margins. Dont think he should be too disheartened. He was only 2s off the lead couple of hours earlier. Strong performance, and glad to see him up with top 3 again.

13. Likes: black lad (2nd June 2019),racerx1979 (2nd June 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier's road-order tactics were just to help himself where he felt 'hard done by'. His Sweden snow-ploughing had reduced him to 10th place !

M-Sport only used team-orders to drop their own driver(s) back to increase the points scored by their No.1.

None of these were to deliberately disadvantage an opponent, like Hyundai did here (and Adamo wanted to do even worse).
    And we are back in 2018.... Eddie saying how Ogier "had to" do what he did, cause he felt bad.....anyway that's not what we are talking about.

This year (2019) in Sweden Ogier did exactly the same thing as Hyundai did here.
    He drove on purpose after Neuville/Loeb and before Lappi... to disadvantage Neuville/Loeb (less roadcleaning) and give advantage Lappi (more road cleaning). 100% exactly same situation.