Page 85 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Not a bad rally from Huttunen, but as you say it doesn't invite for automatic Finland start. They will probably wait until his next rally in the car before deciding. (I believe he is supposed to do one more national rally in it?)
    Yes, he will drive the WRC again in Pohjanmaa-ralli (next event in Finnish national championship) the same weekend the big boys are battling it out in Sardegna.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: pantealex (27th May 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Well then its clear Hyundai will start picking after that weekend.

Though if Mikkelsen does well in Sardinia it says very little of how he could drive in Finland. After all Neuville won Sardinia last year and Mikkelsen led it before gearbox issues and both were nowhere near the top in Finland. In that sense Huttunen's performance on similar stages is much more relevant.
    Last edited by mknight; 26th May 2019 at 20:25.

Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    I think it’s very difficult to judge Huttunen on this rally, as we don’t know what Katsuta level is either. If I was betting on Katsuta being fast in the WRC car in one place, it would be Finland...so unless he drives Rally Finland in a 4th Yaris, difficult to know whether Huttunen was impressive or not.
    For Paddon it’s a tough call, he needs to stay relevant but at the same time if he is only getting a one off, Finland is a tough place to jump in and shine and he could do his future more harm than good by driving.
    Given the option of Loeb, Sordo, Paddon or Huttunen (if we assume that Mikkelsen will be in) I would give Huttunen a go as he will be motivated, have good mileage in the car on similar roads and should benefit from the best road position..but then I’m not Adamo and it’s not my money ��

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The easiest solution to this problem is sitting somewhere in New Zealand right now...
    His last rally in NZ will be June 22nd, As an aside I saw John Kennard a few weeks back and he is as fit and sharp as he ever was
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

6. Likes: tommeke_B (27th May 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Given the option of Loeb, Sordo, Paddon or Huttunen (if we assume that Mikkelsen will be in) I would give Huttunen a go as he will be motivated, have good mileage in the car on similar roads and should benefit from the best road position..but then I’m not Adamo and it’s not my money ��
    Well Huttunen is clearly much better choice than Sordo. Even if he doesn't do well he should finish at about same position, but as a new driver he can only surprise, which Sordo really can't in Finland at this point.

(Loeb said repeatedly he doesn't want to drive there, latest this week).

If Paddon is signed for Finland it's not so easy to say who they pick. Paddon himself would be a bit of a risk after not driving for a while + if they introduce the aero changes they promised it will be a different car for him. In that case they might prefer Mikkelsen over Huttunen unless Huttunen does really well on his next national outing.

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    If the offer of 1-2-3 events was available, he should've taken it. It keeps him relevant and in the mix, which is basically all he needs to do considering Mikkelsen's form since he moved to Hyundai.

But Paddon seemingly turned that down which I do understand, but it seems more and more like he was cutting his nose off to spite his face...
    I believe the original offer to Paddon was for only Rally Finland. However if I was Adamo I would be on the phone and offering Paddon Finland, Turkey, and Australia. But I'm a kiwi so probably a little biased!

9. Likes: cali (27th May 2019),pantealex (27th May 2019)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    I believe the original offer to Paddon was for only Rally Finland. However if I was Adamo I would be on the phone and offering Paddon Finland, Turkey, and Australia. But I'm a kiwi so probably a little biased!
    I would offer him the not only the remained of this season but the following three years too
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

11. Likes: GravelBen (27th May 2019)
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    I would have had him in for more events from the start personally, but as they didn’t they have to try and make the best solution for Hyundai from now. I agree there is little sense in him doing only 1 event, but if they can offer him more than that and a decent chance to get back up to speed it should be worth considering..

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Not sure but perhaps the Paddon/Hyundai Alzenau relationship has been burnt and it might start to grow again?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    I would offer him the not only the remained of this season but the following three years too
    I like the way you think
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter