Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Oliver...?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Oliver...?
    To me, both Oliver and Kalle are ”wellknown” talents, already known sort of wonderkids, especially Kalle.

The purpose of this thread was to highlight the lesser known guys, (doesn’t have to be superyoung) who still has potential to go big.

The finn, Pietariinen, who won Finland WRC2 is a great example. Totally unknown to me before his great performance in Finland👍

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    the dutch van den brand.
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...van-den-brand/

he's already too old and i don't know i he has any ambition of getting any higher, but seeing him driving reminds me of the very best like the young neuville.

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Other than Kalle, Nikolay Gryazin has to be the 'youngster' with the best potential on the World stage as far as I can see.

Well funded with sensational speed and gaining great experience on all surfaces.

6. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2019),Rallyper (12th January 2019),steve.mandzij (12th January 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    I don’t think there’s anyone in the UK who has as much talent as Chris Ingram. There’s some good drivers coming out of the Juniors, but I’d be surprised if any of them made an impact beyond these shores.

In Ireland the most promising driver is probably Rob Duggan, who doesn’t have the funding to progress.

8. Likes: Got Mail (11th January 2019)
    Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    I don’t think there’s anyone in the UK who has as much talent as Chris Ingram. There’s some good drivers coming out of the Juniors, but I’d be surprised if any of them made an impact beyond these shores.

In Ireland the most promising driver is probably Rob Duggan, who doesn’t have the funding to progress.
    Pretty accurate I should think.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Don’t think Osian Pryce would be too far away if he can get an R5 programme

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Eerik Pietarinen
    Henrik Pietarinen
    Emil Lindholm
    Kristian Kiviniemi
    Henri Hokkala
    Lauri Joona
    Aleksi Röyhkiö
    Roni Kauppi
    Juho Koski-Lammi
    Sami Pajari

Now there is already ten
    That's all? :P

Seriously, Eerik is the one I would name here. He was outright unbeatable in Finland once he stepped in an R5. But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.

Henrik is Eerik's brother and is now stepping up to R5 for this season. I don't know much about him but if Eerik talks little in interviews, Henrik talks even less.

Emil Lindholm is Sebastian Lindholm's son. He seems to be promising, but hasn't been able to match Kalle or Eerik in the races they have done together. Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.

12. Likes: Allez Andruet (11th January 2019),Micke_VOC (12th January 2019),steve.mandzij (12th January 2019)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    What about some female talents. Are there any at all? I can only think of Louise Cook, Molly Tylor, Emma Falcon, Tamara Molinaro...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I don't like seeing Molly Taylor written next to Louise Cook. The two are lightyears away from each other in terms of speed.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: leighton323 (12th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019),steve.mandzij (12th January 2019)