Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Lewis was robbed

I really don't care what the other threads say.

Lewis was robbed.

And I cannot believe what Jeremy Clarkson said about the win,
    Lewis has been a vociferous supporter of Britain, yet Jeremy Clarkson
    does not support his countryman.

The end of the race was not within the rules and was a way to improve
    the ratings for next year.

RED BULL IT GIVES YOU WHINGE.

Cheers

Daniel
    Lewis Hamilton is the Best F1 Driver EVER

2. Likes: andyone (13th February 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Ok.. but do we really need so many threads on the same issue?

4. Likes: cali (13th December 2021),Sulland (15th December 2021)
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    And I cannot believe what Jeremy Clarkson said about the win,
    Lewis has been a vociferous supporter of Britain, yet Jeremy Clarkson
    does not support his countryman.
    Gotta love how many Brits mix their nationalism with their whining when some sporting event doesn't go their way. I don't follow F1 nor football, but this year the internet has been flooded by their whining of being "robbed". It's obnoxious, but I can't say I don't find it funny.

6. Likes: cali (13th December 2021),Winner (14th December 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Gotta love how many Brits mix their nationalism with their whining when some sporting event doesn't go their way. I don't follow F1 nor football, but this year the internet has been flooded by their whining of being "robbed". It's obnoxious, but I can't say I don't find it funny.
    Son you think it was fair. Can you support your view with an explanation? If you can then head to https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...al-2021-Season where this is being discussed properly.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Son you think it was fair. Can you support your view with an explanation? If you can then head to https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...al-2021-Season where this is being discussed properly.
    I don't know and I don't care if it was fair, because I don't follow F1. I follow touring car and GT racing, and the rules are different.
    But I see reactions on the internet in motorsport forums /channels / whatever, and it's mostly Brits whining about robbery. We sometimes have this type of whining in the rally section of the forum, or like the internet was flooded earlier this year for the Euro finals; had to read something of the sort on TCR Europe YouTube as well. All of those having the same common denominator with a good dose of immaturity.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I don't know and I don't care if it was fair, because I don't follow F1. I follow touring car and GT racing, and the rules are different.
    But I see reactions on the internet in motorsport forums /channels / whatever, and it's mostly Brits whining about robbery. We sometimes have this type of whining in the rally section of the forum, or like the internet was flooded earlier this year for the Euro finals; had to read something of the sort on TCR Europe YouTube as well. All of those having the same common denominator with a good dose of immaturity.
    I think you are being judgemental. If you look closely, it is F1 fans from all over the world expressing how they feel about the race. The Verstappen fans are jubilant but the none Verstappen fans are wondering why the race finished as it did. Of course, the Hamilton fans are incensed about the decision. So you would find that it is not only brits expressing their view on the outcome of the race.

This forum is all about the detailed analysis of any racing incident such as what happened in Abu Dhabi. It is not a forum where everybody blindly agrees to one point of view. You would find a very varied set of opinions on here. We don't see any particular opinion as whining but simply just someone's opinion. So join in the analysis and the discussions, you are most welcome.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think you are being judgemental. If you look closely, it is F1 fans from all over the world expressing how they feel about the race. The Verstappen fans are jubilant but the none Verstappen fans are wondering why the race finished as it did. Of course, the Hamilton fans are incensed about the decision. So you would find that it is not only brits expressing their view on the outcome of the race.

This forum is all about the detailed analysis of any racing incident such as what happened in Abu Dhabi. It is not a forum where everybody blindly agrees to one point of view. You would find a very varied set of opinions on here. We don't see any particular opinion as whining but simply just someone's opinion. So join in the analysis and the discussions, you are most welcome.
    Of course it's not only Brits and not all Brits, I said "mostly" because that's the impression I have.
    What I'm calling out is a behaviour that I'm seeing being repeated again and again, and I find it very unsportsmanlike and immature - and I'm not referring to your topic, that's why I wrote under this topic. I see that you at least argument your points and I won't judge them as valid or invalid, as I don't follow F1. In the touring car and GT car racing series I follow, lapped cars are not allowed to unlap themselves under SC, period.
    What I'm criticizing is the blind worshipping and siding with one's driver/team/country that's I've seen happening many times this year, particulary in English cases, while calling everyone else cheats. Look at what I've quoted in my first post here and tell me if that sounds like valid criticism or analysis.

11. Likes: Winner (14th December 2021)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was trying to liken this to a 'Maradona Hand-of-God' incident, But I can't because Verstappen and Red Bull didn't cheat and if my memory serves me, in that Argentina/England soccer match, we aren't sure who would have won the match anyway even without the incident.

In this F1 race however, we are dead certain that Hamilton was going to win, (horner himself was on radio saying Max needs the racing Gods to win now) and Red Bull and Max didn't cheat in this race. The only similarities I can agree on between the 'Hand-of-God' and what I am now dubbing the 'Hand-of-Masi' incident is that on both occasions literally everybody knows that the official made the wrong call, and that the result will not be overturned.

I feel Mercedes should get Ferrari (Sainz) and Mclaren (Ricciardo) to team up with them to all three teams issue a statement that the race director showed prejudice to their drivers and broke the established procedure during the race to favouritism to a driver higher up in the championship instead of being neutral and impartial to all team and drivers. a) Sainz of team Ferrari was held back behind lapped drivers whereas Mercedes and Red Bull were not, b) Ricciardo of team Mclaren was not permitted to unlap himself whereas 5 drivers ahead of him were permitted to unlap themselves thus advantaging the 5 drivers ahead of him in the race while massively disadvantaging him.

They should declare that they have no confidence in race direction going forward into next season until the matter is addressed.

If I was Mercedes I would also withdraw the protest at the 11th hour and tell every media outlet that will listen about this statement to show that the ending is and was unfair, and against the rules, but for the sake of the sport they believe it should be handled internally.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Wahahahahahahahaha

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Is anyone else getting a little tired of the "Will Lewis Quit ?" question ?

I picture him , sitting with his dog , eating veggie burgers , while reading a litany of opinions from every single person who's ever been related to F1 in any obscure way at all , giggling away between every bite .

I know he won't run out of veggie burgers , but he may have his fans start to lose patience pretty soon if he doesn't get his poop in a group .

And , if Merc doesn't really doesn't know what's going on , it's going to make them look really stupid before long , and negate the pile of publicity it has created .