Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Vettel is under investigation over his fuel. In the past the penalty was disqualification. So Hamilton could move up.

Just need the Stewards to go review the early race footage and find something OCON should be punished for. I'm sure he did something during the crash to cause somebody else to crash or pulled something in the pit lane....then everything will be right with the world with Hamilton taking 1st place.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Nothing wrong with what Alonso did today. He did go to the edge of what was acceptable but I think it was fine. He got his team the win and that was the big picture.
    I've no doubt Hamilton wouldn't have passed Alonso were it not for his lock up. Alonso had him.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    I've no doubt Hamilton wouldn't have passed Alonso were it not for his lock up. Alonso had him.
    I think it took Hamilton a few laps to figure out how to take the last corner to get close down the straight. That's what cost him. It's not relevant now anyway as Hamilton forced his mistake and got 2nd.

Vettel disqualified for failing to provide a fuel sample. Gutted for him and Aston Martin after such a thrilling race.

4. Likes: pantealex (1st August 2021)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I think it took Hamilton a few laps to figure out how to take the last corner to get close down the straight. That's what cost him. It's not relevant now anyway as Hamilton forced his mistake and got 2nd.

Vettel disqualified for failing to provide a fuel sample. Gutted for him and Aston Martin after such a thrilling race.
    That is a shame for Vettel. It really is. I hope it has nothing to do with his protest in any matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Do you have any idea how embarrassing you are with these constant fanboy hissy fits?
    Nothing embarrassing unless you watched a different race than the rest of us or you are only here to throw flames. I guess being on the wrong strategy as literally the rest of the grid and going from P1 to last is brilliance in your book. Don’t be foolish because you have some kinda bias.
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st August 2021 at 20:43.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Aston Martin to appeal Vettel's penalty- unlikely they'll be successful but worth a shot.

Congratulations to Sainz on the podium!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 1st August 2021 at 21:06.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Congrats to Alpine, and their fans. I really hoped both would get to the podium, but it was not meant to be. Very nice of Ocon to thank 'Zo, without him blocking, Lewis would be quickly gone to the front. Nice in general to see the team spirit, this should be another boost for all of them.
    Fettel disqualified........Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrry!
    May the forza be with you

9. Likes: Sulland (1st August 2021),Zico (1st August 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    The fix is definitely in for Hamilton to win this championship.
    Didn't Ocon and Russell run out of fuel as well or did they just stop their cars in random places and run to the pit lane?

Aston Martin to appeal Vettel's penalty- unlikely they'll be successful but worth a shot.

Congratulations to Sainz on the podium!
    I hope the appeal is successful.
    I think Ocon and Russel stopped their cars to ensure enough fuel to measure.
    I wish the Aston Martin team had told Vettel to do the same
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    A strange race to say the least. I watched it delayed, and was so glad to finally see a race at least start in the wet. Then turn one happens and send the entire field upside down pretty much!

Total bonehead by both Bottas and Stroll. They must have been on a totally different planet from the other drivers. Lewis, Max, and Perez were all looking cautious and out of harms way, and other than the midfield and back of pack bunch up everyone else looked to be in decent shape also. More than happy they both get penalties for the next race. Despite it not being that high of a speed, it certainly caused a lot of carnage. RB was lucky to keep Max in with the damage, and Lando and Charles weren't so lucky.

Speaking of penalties, strange that speeding is a stop and go, while an unsafe release that causes a collision is a lesser penalty. As for Seb's DQ, another one that sucks for the team.

While Merc blew it with being the only ones to not restart on slicks, they absolutely got it right with that massive undercut. So their strategy for the day more or less turned into a wash, even with the extra stop. Good drive through the field by Lewis, and really at that track staying fresher on tires was the right call, even against the slower cars. In the end it didn't get them all the way to the front but Alonso had tires fresh enough to protect for quite a while and give us some good viewing while at it.

Up front neither Ocon or Seb put a foot wrong, and though the pass never happened it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying. Good drive by Sainz as well, and he seemed to be the one to know Merc would pit again.

13. Likes: Zico (1st August 2021)