Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    You think Max wouldn't be penalized for that? I think he would cause its a normal penalty for not giving enough room when trying to pass on the outside, correct? (I'm not being sarcastic, just asking questions).
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    You think Max wouldn't be penalized for that? I think he would cause its a normal penalty for not giving enough room when trying to pass on the outside, correct? (I'm not being sarcastic, just asking questions).
    He punted out Stroll in free practise and took out Perez at the start of the race with no penalties. Are those less serious than Stroll's collision with Norris?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2020 at 16:05.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Money has nothing to do with it. He is a waste a grid slot. The only reason he has a drive is Daddy and that doesn’t justify a F1 seat. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport with limited seats and no one should have a drive in it that is not up to the required level. He has had nearly 4 seasons now to get up to the required level and he isn’t there. There have been many, many drivers that have come to F1, performed a lot better and been dropped.
    That is not the point. The question is, was it a racing incident or not? It should not matter whether he is driving because Daddy's money bought the seat. If you leave the prejudice of his money out of it, ordinarily, was it a punishable incident?

My argument is that Stroll and anyone else should be allowed to stick their elbows out in a duel for position. He took the long way round, but managed to get his car ahead before the point of collision. The collision happened as he was taking the racing line with half a car length ahead. Norris could have backed off to avoid a collision but decided to make it very difficult for Stroll. It was clearly a racing incident.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2020 at 20:20.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    That is not the point. The question is, was it a racing incident or not? I should not matter whether he is driving because Daddy's money bought the seat. If leave the prejudice of his money out of it, ordinarily, was it a punishable incident?

My argument is that Stroll and anyone else should be allowed to stick their elbows out in a duel for position. He took the long way round, but managed to get his car ahead before the point of collision. The collision happened as he was taking the racing line with half a car length ahead. Norris could have backed off to avoid a collision but decided to make it very difficult for Stroll. It was clearly a racing incident.
    He assumed Norris would back out .
    Had he left a few feet more room , with Norris compromised on a tighter line forced to go slower , he would have been golden .

Of course , with Lando protecting the outside , the move should have been inside , unless Lance was assuming that Norris would lurch right at the last moment .
    But , in order to get to the point of assuming that Lando goes right , you'd have to try to prompt it with a "dummy" to get him moving .

But , he didn't .

Instead , he went left , onto the curbs , and compromised his own grip on entry , so , despite being 18kms faster going in , he broke his front wing on Norris's car .

Two bad assumptions as I see it .

I like Lance , but , though he really impresses me sometimes , he also makes me shake my head other times .
    He wasn't being a tool , like Max in practice , but it wasn't pretty .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    He assumed Norris would back out .
    Had he left a few feet more room , with Norris compromised on a tighter line forced to go slower , he would have been golden .

Of course , with Lando protecting the outside , the move should have been inside , unless Lance was assuming that Norris would lurch right at the last moment .
    But , in order to get to the point of assuming that Lando goes right , you'd have to try to prompt it with a "dummy" to get him moving .

But , he didn't .

Instead , he went left , onto the curbs , and compromised his own grip on entry , so , despite being 18kms faster going in , he broke his front wing on Norris's car .

Two bad assumptions as I see it .

I like Lance , but , though he really impresses me sometimes , he also makes me shake my head other times .
    He wasn't being a tool , like Max in practice , but it wasn't pretty .
    I think you should watch it again. I have watched it a couple of times now and l don't see any reason to change my opinion. With DRS he arrive at Norris a such speed that he was forced to overtake on the outside. He had properly passed Norris but slowed down to turn into the chicane. But Norris decided to stick it into a fast closing space on the apex of the corner. I think it was a red mist moment for Norris, seeing the Racing Point suddenly darting through.
    Watch it again l say.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2020 at 20:21.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I just watched Kimi’s first lap. I think it’s the best first lap I’ve ever seen in F1. 16th to 6th - incredible stuff. Needs to be applauded - mighty impressive.

IMO it’s better than Ayrton in Donnington. If he had drove like that all throughout his career he would be up there with the greats.

Bottas though, whew, he got his ass handed to him today. Hamilton really has the measure of him and I think this year even more so than others.
    I just watched the onboard of Kimi Raikonen's start. And l say, it was simply legendary. We shall be talking about this one for years to come. The most overtakes that anyone has ever done in an F1 car within two laps. sixteenth to sixth in a lap and half. DOUBLE WOW!
    William Shakespeare

Liked 177 Times in 76 Posts
    I just watched the onboard of Kimi Raikonen's start. And l say, it was simply legendary. We shall be talking about this one for years to come. The most overtakes that anyone has ever done in an F1 car within two laps. sixteenth to sixth in a lap and half. DOUBLE WOW!
    True - It looked like playing on the computer in "beginner" mode !

8. Likes: gm99 (27th October 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    True - It looked like playing on the computer in "beginner" mode !
    Haha, that's it!
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    That is not the point. The question is, was it a racing incident or not? It should not matter whether he is driving because Daddy's money bought the seat. If you leave the prejudice of his money out of it, ordinarily, was it a punishable incident?

You’re the one that brought up money, buddy. Stroll should have given Norris more room, other drivers did it, similar moves and both got around successfully. The difference is the lack of space Stroll gave Norris, so yes, penalty was 100% deserved for Stroll.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    It wasn’t even a lap and a half, it was a lap and a bit of the straight. Mighty impressive stuff. Amazing driving.