Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The problem up in areas like Sälen is that the roads are not easy to access. It is one thing to find roads for proper stages, another to allow the public to arrive to the stages without traffic chaos. You need to have stages that have several fairly big roads attaching to them. This is not easily found when you go further up north. You also have to plan the traffic so that the competitors is not hindered by he public on their way to the next stage, this calls for quite a deveploped road system.
    But move some of the stages up to the north of Värmland, that I think should fix most of the problem.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    I´ve been in Sweden on a stage at -35C and +7C and almost everything between. But really the element You allways wait is snow (lots of it) and ice.

So if You have to go north ......

Borlänge hall was OK for service???
    "San Romolo opettaa"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Whatever happened to the Jutbo stage?
    Anyway, I might be naive, but paying for the right to hold a race/Rally is wrong, the governing body should give it to the area/town/city that meets the certain criteria - not who pays the most money. This isn't just Sweden, didn't Cardiff originally get Rally GB because they paid the most money?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And Waikato got Rally NZ because of that, I think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As much as I would like to say Ostersund, it's simply too remote.

I would agree, move the stages well north of Hagfors and Salen and even the Torsby border area with Norway. Make the overnight stop in Hagfors like they did a few years ago. No need to commute to Karlstad everynight.

Dalarna had much more snow that Varmland this year, but it hasnt always been that way. Falun-Borlange-Ludvika would not be any better of a choice.

Karlstad benefits from the cross Oslo-Stockholm traffic and having scheduled air service near by.

Climate wise, this hasnt been the first year the rally has been effected by warm weather, and it wont be the last either.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Norway
    ahha juat wat i wanted to say when i saw this thread!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"