Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just leave it like it is! Snow or lesser snow, what´s the problem?
    Nevertheless we experienced one of the most excited Sweden rallys of the last years. Let Karlstad keep the SSS and Uddeholm airport the service park and everything is oke!
    Yes they should keep the the last years stages more Nord from Hagfors like, Likenäs and Frederiksberg and have more chance on good snow.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah, I missed Likenäs a lot this year, as Fredriksberg. i can understand if Karlstad wants their share of the cookie, but to move the service up to Torsby would do, then you could keep stages like vargåsen, and still have access to the snow safe ones further up north.
    Besides; it wouldn´t surprise me if we within a few years will be complaining abt the cold wheather again. It is only one thing that is certain, and that is that nothing is certain, least the wheather.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Just leave it like it is! Snow or lesser snow, what´s the problem?
    Nevertheless we experienced one of the most excited Sweden rallys of the last years. .

Did we really ???

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about the result altogether. The whole resultpage was very different from what we have used to see over the last years.

But I wouldn't say the rally was one of the most exciting. No, the rally was pretty much over at the moment Loeb retired and the final nail to coffin was Henning's retirement.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Ye
    Besides; it wouldn´t surprise me if we within a few years will be complaining abt the cold wheather again. It is only one thing that is certain, and that is that nothing is certain, least the wheather.

True! We only have to go back one year. Then some of the Fords broke down because of the cold weather. In 2006 I remember we having -23 degrees on our incar display on our way to Likenäs.

We cant do anything about the weather (...not in short term anyway). I remeber one year when the discussion was the same as this year - then the weather in Östersund wasnt better. Its more about luck. Make sure that all the preparations is in order, then the competition will be good and good weather will only add an extra dimension.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    COD, ok its intended for different poeple but who is intrested in visting an empty sp (all the cars are at the stages or light -sps? those times that i have been to the full-service sp in hagfors it has been packed with people trying to get a glimpse/photo of the drivers and their cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Did we really ???

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about the result altogether. The whole resultpage was very different from what we have used to see over the last years.

But I wouldn't say the rally was one of the most exciting. No, the rally was pretty much over at the moment Loeb retired and the final nail to coffin was Henning's retirement.
    So you want to see always Loeb in front!
    I mean it was not boring, special after Loeb retired! Yes we all know that there are not enough factory teams, for this reason I hope that everyone sits in S2000+ within a short time. I don´t want to see always the same winner! Lesser snow is also not boring, just only 3 stages a day driving twice , thats boring.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    So you want to see always Loeb in front!

Have you fallen from the ladder again ?

I don'ty care who's in front as long as there are as many as possible there fighting for the win. ( of course, more Finns the better )

I'm saying that when Loeb retired, Mikko hold off and thought about the title more than risking the win.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Thank you, Finni!

The problem with moving the Swedish Rally is that the city of Karlstad and the county of Värmland will be strongly against it. So this is a political issue first and foremost. Then there is the question of infrastructure. Karlstad and Värmland undeniably has a solid infrastructure for running of a WRC-event. Where else, further up north in Sweden, do you find the combination of a large enough city with plenty of hotels and a road system in the area suitable for running a mainevent rally. Some of the swedish forumers could possibly give some answers?
    I would think the ski-resorts have enough capacity?

And regarding the money Karlstad invests, why don't they make areas compete about who can have the rally? They would probably get the same investment somewhere. Of course, that place should also have the infrastructure as you say.

But the truth is that weather has been on the limit several times last 10 years in the current area

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You seem to of forgotten what the weather was like last year... yes, when i was there last year in Karlstad it was -20 and loads of snow.. this year it was 1'c and we even saw 8'c..

Who knows what the weather will be like in 2 years time..

one this to look out for it what the weather will be like in 2 weeks time in Karlstad...

Anyway...

Im back to karlstad in 2010 what ever.. lol

Rick

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    The rally should stay where's now, they only need to bring service-area back to Hagfors that's all. I too will return in 2010 mokin:
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life