Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If i could decide, i would move it to the Sälen area Ski resorts. There's plenty of accommodation there, lots of snow (currently 1m+) and lots of nice roads suitable for SSs. The only problem would be that there are only 1 main road leading up from Sälen village to the ski resorts.

If they moved here they could arrange some combination offers with 1 week of sking+rally for XXXX kr. Like sking mon-thu and then 3 days of rallying.

Bengt Clarin claims that the rally village is a huge success but its not since the rally village is some 80km south of the most sothern stages very few is intrested in driving down to Karlstad to walk through an empty service park. Its empty becasue all cars are up in the Hagfors/Sunne area at the stages or at the remote services.

But if they would move away from Karlstad and Värmland the Buissneses of Karlstad and Värmland would loose allot of money. But in IMO its the Swedish rally and not rally Värmland.

I think they need to choose if they want a proper snow rally they need to move to somewhere where its not only snow safe but to somewhere where they get more then 20cm of snow otherwise they will have to get used to a gravel rally.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Hej Magnus, it was nice to meet you last Saturday.
    I agree with your post here, it is not only snow what counts.
    The same BJ! Nice to meet you folks IRL for once.

Maybe I should add also that it is not only promotors that enjoy snow, spectators and the staff within the teams, from drivers to chef, likes it aswell of course. But their and our thoughts are of little value...
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Nice to meet you folks IRL for once.

What does IRL stand for?
    Another Flying Finn

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    What does IRL stand for?
    In real life I believe.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    In real life I believe.
    Aaha... and what's that exactly ?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    Bengt Clarin claims that the rally village is a huge success but its not since the rally village is some 80km south of the most sothern stages very few is intrested in driving down to Karlstad to walk through an empty service park. Its empty becasue all cars are up in the Hagfors/Sunne area at the stages or at the remote services.

The thing is, stages and rally village are intended for totally different people. Those who like to go to stages can do that in Hagfors area and those just interested in the "glamour" and athmosphere of the rally without having to hike in the deep snow can do so in Karlstad. So a win-win situation and double the amount of spectators!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    It wasn't a farce.
    If it was supposed to be gravel and mud rally with studded tyres it was not a farce.

If it was supposed to be winter rally it was a farce.

To my knowledge Sweden is supposed to be only winter rally in the calendar.

The concept of winter rally of course involves beatiful snow benches and icy roads.

After hearing comments from this Bengt-guy my humble recommendation is to give the rally to norwegians.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    As a swede I am obviously very sad that what was once are very nice rally has turned into a muddy mess
    **** global warming...
    At the same time I belive that the existence of a norwegian alternative makes the USR more safe in the calendar, because then it is not th only snowrally (but one of a dozen gravelrallies... )
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    If it was supposed to be gravel and mud rally with studded tyres it was not a farce.

If it was supposed to be winter rally it was a farce.

To my knowledge Sweden is supposed to be only winter rally in the calendar.

The concept of winter rally of course involves beatiful snow benches and icy roads.

After hearing comments from this Bengt-guy my humble recommendation is to give the rally to norwegians.
    Thank you, Finni!

And you are of course spot on when it comes to the "concept of winter rally".
    Whats the point of running a winter rally on gravel and mud?

The problem with moving the Swedish Rally is that the city of Karlstad and the county of Värmland will be strongly against it. So this is a political issue first and foremost. Then there is the question of infrastructure. Karlstad and Värmland undeniably has a solid infrastructure for running of a WRC-event. Where else, further up north in Sweden, do you find the combination of a large enough city with plenty of hotels and a road system in the area suitable for running a mainevent rally. Some of the swedish forumers could possibly give some answers?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Imo a move north i Värmland and Dalarna should be enough. We went from Malung last friday and we had between -6 and -10 degreesf vhen we passed the start of old Granberget stage (former Likenäs stage). Up there a lot of stages has been used previous years, around Likenäs and Malung. The stages around Hagfors is normally quite ok even if its warm degrees.

Rally base in Karlstad and remote service in Hagfors and Malung? And a SSS around Sälen? MC i run far from Monte Carlo, som why not do the same in Sweden?

For me I dont really care if they move to Östersund. Ive been to most of the stages they use today in Värmland, so something new would be exciting. How about a special stage on Lake Åre? That would be something!