Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    http://www.dailytech.com/Solar+Activ...ticle10630.htm

It's OK there will be another ice age soon
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

MJW
    How many more years is the sponsorship deal with Uddeholm for Rally Sweden?

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Swedes or other with local knowledge: What about moving it to the Falun/Mora area ? More winter there ?

Has this issue been discussed in swedish media, before or now ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No big changes are planned according to Bertil Klarin: http://www.vf.se/Sport/Extra/2008/Sv...ppades-pa.aspx

Rally Village in Karlstad will be used next time. He plans to keep the rally in Karlstad for the coming three Swedish rallies (until 2014). The stages have to be run twice since there are only two days for recce and it has to be done in daylight.

So it looks as if the weather lottery will continue....
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    How think the organisers are? A farce like this would have costed some countries a place in the championship (like Portugal...)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It wasn't a farce.

And it was one of the more memorable rallies ever, with a high attrition rate, a new winner, and a group N car in the points.

After all, it's not every time that a driver can be caught out by snow on the road in Sweden

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Going back to the area around Mora, isn't that about 90 km north of Torsby? They do an annual skiicompetetion there every year if I am not wrong, and I the snow is often quite heavy. How is the weather up there in these days?

Concerning the snow amount in Norway, I have about 1 meter of snow in my garden. The area I live is around 90 south of Hamar which was the base of RN 07. Hence we have been through shifting weather here too with sudden heat and sudden cold, but the snow hasn't disappeared.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Concerning the snow amount in Norway, I have about 1 meter of snow in my garden. The area I live is around 90 south of Hamar which was the base of RN 07. Hence we have been through shifting weather here too with sudden heat and sudden cold, but the snow hasn't disappeared.
    It was not the lack of snow but the soft roads that made drivers complain and I'm sure roads in Norway do get soft as well under mild weather conditions so the snow in garden does not really help on that
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Actually FIA have nothing to say about the lack of snow. FIA bothers about safety and about how the organisation is performing.
    There are people bothering about the lack of snow though, and they are the once who takes nice pics for promotional use; snow rallies are very good for advertisers and promotion of the cars in general since they tend to stay rather clean, as opposed to gravel rallies in general.
    The demands on different organisations is safety safety safety, and organisation. Thay would probably raise an eyebrow though if the USR was run on tar...
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Actually FIA have nothing to say about the lack of snow. FIA bothers about safety and about how the organisation is performing.
    There are people bothering about the lack of snow though, and they are the once who takes nice pics for promotional use; snow rallies are very good for advertisers and promotion of the cars in general since they tend to stay rather clean, as opposed to gravel rallies in general.
    The demands on different organisations is safety safety safety, and organisation. Thay would probably raise an eyebrow though if the USR was run on tar...
    Hej Magnus, it was nice to meet you last Saturday.
    I agree with your post here, it is not only snow what counts.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.