Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But the debris caution may have (suspiciously) been where the "debris" was shreds of suspension parts.

Some thoughts:

Chevrolet - Last year, went 36/36 in podiums. They couldn't even score a single point using the F1-style scoring system, and this was the worst finish for the Bowtie since March Atlanta ten years ago. After dominating last year, it seems everyone hunted, and shot down, Impala Nation. They also beat themselves with bad incidents with many of their stars (#24, #48, #07, #5) and also non-competitiveness with the survivors.

Ford - The Blue Oval's best was tenth, and it wasn't but last year I think there was one case no Fusion was in the Top Ten.

Dodge - Back to the 1960's and 1970's with the 7000cc (427 cid) era we go. It seems there were Chargers everywhere slicing through the field to dominate. Six of the top eight were Chargers, and the Charger nose was what had Robby Gordon in violation in pre-Practice One inspection. Of course, that was Gillett Evernham's problem as they sent 2008 Charger noses instead of 2007 Avenger noses. A million here and a million there, and Bob Nardelli, after failing at Home Depot to win the 500, gets his Daytona 500 ring at last. How ironic that we go back to winged cars and guess where Dodge is?

Toyota - The Hinomaru is for real. Outside pole, dominating the most laps led, one podium slot, two in the top five. Is this the season where at the end of the season, we'll be hearing "May 1,000 Years of Happy Reign be Yours" when the Sprint Cup is given? Will this give Tony Stewart incentive to renew with the Gibbs boys, or is he really going to jump ship and start his own team? I think he'll buy an idled Bowtie team because of his business interests. This is a threat, and next week is big. Michigan is big for the Bowtie, Blue Oval, and Ram because it is a "hometown" race. For Fontana, Toyota will be racing in their backyard, as Toyota is based in Torrance and so is TRD.

For Todd Holbert, a lead engineer for Toyota, a win would have been huge in more ways than you would think. Recently his grandfather Bob died, and he would have wanted to win this race for his grandfather. Remember, his father died 20 years ago in a plane crash, and I think most racing fans know who he was.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I've never seen the normal races and I have to admit it take some getting used to.

This is what the die-hard fans wanted to see, seeing the cars spread in smaller packs and much better for it

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tony says that it was his biggest dissapointment in racing. He really screwed up when he left the high line to dip low to pick up Kyle. It cost him the lead and the race and he should know better than to rely on a kid that is unreliable. Kyle is frequently out of control with his driving decisions and once more he screwed up by being too agressive. Kyle had the fastest car by far and should have won the race. However, as proven, it takes more than a fast car to win.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Tony says that it was his biggest dissapointment in racing. He really screwed up when he left the high line to dip low to pick up Kyle. It cost him the lead and the race and he should know better than to rely on a kid that is unreliable. Kyle is frequently out of control with his driving decisions and once more he screwed up by being too agressive. Kyle had the fastest car by far and should have won the race. However, as proven, it takes more than a fast car to win.
    Thats the thing with this relying on team mates crap that has come about now. Did Tony feel he had to drop down to help Kyle out becuase they are on the same team?. Tony should have left Kyle hanging, its the DAYTONA 500!!! everyones out there for the win, there are no teamates only one driver goes to victory lane. you shouldnt loose a race for what looks like a misplaced sense of loyalty.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so what was the Kurt and Ryan thing then, Kurt was very happy to help Ryan win and was happy to feel that he did good
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guess Turnin left is trying to say that getting help from teammates is nice but Tony should not have expected help. Certainly Kurt did such a good thing for Ryan but if he'd have moved out of line to try and pass Ryan neither of them could have won.
    good luck RBR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very surprised when I saw that Newman won. Where did he come from? Very crafty of him running midfield most the race then winning it like that.

Maybe I'll starting calling him 'Crafty Newman' if he keeps pulling crafty ones out the bag like that. He already does it in qualies. :
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked Mike Joy's "Hello Newman!"

I miss Seinfeld...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess Turnin left is trying to say that getting help from teammates is nice but Tony should not have expected help. Certainly Kurt did such a good thing for Ryan but if he'd have moved out of line to try and pass Ryan neither of them could have won.
    Pretty much it. Tony should have stayed high and blocked Newman, not gone low and try and pick up his teamate.

I'd feel sorry for the guy but he drives a Toyota.