Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 1,361 to 1,366 of 1366
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Nice report there Sami

I bet Östberg has been spectacular because what I saw from the footage, his driving was insane... and I do mean in a good way
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami
    Greetings from Sweden again, it was my 12th time in a row..

The weather stole the show almost, and we decided to choose the northernmost stages to avoid cancellations.

We started from shakedown, which had a tricky S-corner right at the finnish. Some wide line was there to be wittnessed and afterwards the road conditions came worse so the fast part before that seemed really tricky. No one went off but some were close.
    Sami, at the Shakedown, we first went to the hairpin, then walked back to the left turn before the S-corner and finally we moved to the same spot you were. Pity we didn't meet eachother, it would've been great mokin: Btw that spot was great but the corner before was also cool
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Nice report there Sami

I bet Östberg has been spectacular because what I saw from the footage, his driving was insane... and I do mean in a good way

Some spectators gave him the nickname “Mads McRae” I hear after his totally different approach to the corners than the works Subarus.
    And I like to think the real McRae, RIP, wouldn’t mind.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, that was my 5th Swedish rally. Probably the worst of them all.

We stayed in Brattfors, which was half the problem, as it was a hour drive to ever stage but Hörssjon. They simply need to move all the stages NORTH of Hagfors, or move the rally completely to say, Ljusdal or Ostersund, that knowing they are under pressure to compact the route. Organizers are quite stupid in this way.All the drivers did was complain.

Leg1:
    Stensjön 1. Good corner, good access to the start line to see the cars up close and personal. Good ice, PG and Loeb stole the show. Not a long walk from parking area. Lots of stuck FWD cars in the lot though.

We bought a Gold pass to have dinner at the VIP box in Karlstad to see the SSS. What a waste. The food was horrible. View terrible and they cancelled the stage after half the GroupN cars went through. 1300sek 200dollars wasted. I commented to my freinds "geez, for 1300krona, I expect a belly dancer or swedish blonde to sit on my lap" Foggy, long drive back home.

Leg2
    Horssjon 1. This stage was the most southerly, and the road was tore up before we got there. In fact, it was plain hot. I stood there in a t shirt for the stage until it was cancelled. Loeb was nuts fast. Mikkelsen looked great. As did Hainanen.

Hagfors 2. This was another good area, but the parking was a bit nasty. The road was tore up. The parking area was over the Ullen stage used the next day. The roads there wern't bad. We did hear the drivers complain about the Hagfors Sprint. Its funny to watch Italians and Catalans try to make fires in the swedish woods.

Leg 3.
    Rämmen 1. We ran into Matthew Wilson, Gigi and Petter rotating tires right outside the entrance the the 3a spectator point. Phil was pissin out his morning coffee into the snow, and I had a chance to talk with Petter. He said "I have to take it slow not to take the tire off the wheel, just wait for the new car". I told him to keep his head up, and everyone is supporting him during these bad times.

The stage spectator area was great. Good sweeping corners. Interesting to see the different lines of Gigi, JM and Mikko through the same corners.

I was happy to see the result. JM Mikko and Gigi earned it.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...SwedenWRC2008/

Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good report again Sami, and thanks for the SMS too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Magazine has 48 pages on Sweden with results, comments, photos. Out today

Cheers

Paul
    myrallyresults.com
    Paul - Rally Results magazine
    [email:eubrgfua]paul@myrallyresults.com[/email:eubrgfua]