Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1366
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by padWRC
    Please where can i find fotos from NATIONAL Swedish rally?
    National Swedish was annulated!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    [quote="jonkka"]Some recognition help, if you please:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...s/leg1_h01.jpg

Top row:
    ? in red shirt - ? light gray shirt - ? red fleece - ? white jacket - Al-Attiyah - Arai - ? young guy - Sousa (?) - Nittel - ? blue jacket - ? white shirt ]

"Young guy" behind Arai is Eivind Brynhildsen.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Got home last night and just about recovered!

I enjoyed the rally very much, but don't think we selected the best spots to watch apart from one stage on Saturday morning which was brilliant

As usual the company was great, and was good to meet a few new forumers even if we did our best to avoid Magnus! Thanks to Pino for the excellent food, Brother John for driving us around without incident and fantastic music, and Jonathan for co-driving duties

Norway next year has to be a definite
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Will post some photos later today after I have organised them all

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Will post some photos later today after I have organised them all
    I can´t wait to see the photos. Put the fire on J4MIE, I´m hungry. Norway here I come!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    I can´t wait to see the photos. Put the fire on J4MIE, I´m hungry. Norway here I come!
    @ J4mie Yes pics!

@ Brother John I see you in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Nah, I think fires are over-rated

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just some thoughts which came to my mind. I enjoyed the rally very much, allthough there were a little snow. Gigi, Jarri and Henning were the stars for me in wrc, in group N Sandell and Juho were great.
    I was some 100 m away from the spot where Loeb crashed out and the bad sight which i saw when i arrived to the seen was that there were lot of people who ran there but few helped out. It´s just sad. I understand that lot of people might not like Seb, but giving a hand to help him out would have been polite. Also i have to say that swedish people are very polite and nice. Can´t wait till the new rally sweden comes in 2010!
    GO Ott and Sander!

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spectator Report

Greetings from Sweden again, it was my 12th time in a row..

The weather stole the show almost, and we decided to choose the northernmost stages to avoid cancellations.

We started from shakedown, which had a tricky S-corner right at the finnish. Some wide line was there to be wittnessed and afterwards the road conditions came worse so the fast part before that seemed really tricky. No one went off but some were close. I really liked the rally village + shakedown + SSS concept, but the weather was something the organizer couldn´t do anything to. On SSS1 we managed to witness a roll already as Semerad rolled his Mitsu on tightening right from inside.

We found really nice and tricky place from Bjälverud stage SS3, about 3kms from the start there was a blind left-right which seemed really promising and we had high expectations. It would be nice to see how the best drivers in the world could control their car in that "sumppu"-place which seemed really open entering it high speed but which turned behind the bank really tightly first to left and then to right slightly uphill and again to left over crest..

Show started well, Loeb went perfectly and really fast, but the Hirvonen as the second car hit the bank in the righthander ploughing the snowbank really bad. The car lifted its right front tyre high up the air bet Mikko controlled it amazingly and continued without timeloss. Third car was Atkinsson and he hit the same bank that threw the car around, hit a tree and got stuck in the snowbank in the last corner. It took a long time to lift him up as there was only about 10 people there to help and that place required really thorough warning as it was long sequence of corners where there was little room for braking. Chris wanted to throw in the towel as the car was really deep but I managed to speak some sense to him and he continued to try. After several minutes of work we could get him back on the road.

After atkinsson and Hirvonen took the snowbank (there was actually quite a lot of snow up there!) several drivers ended up in difficulties in that place, for example Merksteijn, Nittel, Ketomäki and Sauván haged spectacularly on the edge of the ditch lifting their tyres up almost rolling.

On the second run through Mikkelsen and again Merksteijn had difficult time there and Svedlund and Munster both ended up out where Atkinsson went and then to the other side ditch snowploughing 30metres in ditch. Both managed to come up quickly.

Really nice and action packed place there!

Then on saturday we went to our traditional place 2 kms before Colin´s lift, where there's always been some action. This year it was less, as there were some warning tapes there to guide the drivers to that blind tightening right. Svedlund and Sauv´n hit the bank quite deep but that's all. I would have liked to seen the national drivers drive that place in the dark, I'm sure there would have been some action.

On Sunday we went to see the classical Sordo - Stohl - Solberg - Prokop - Schie - Griazine - Brynildsen place on Ullen stage. On that corner the grip was good as it was completely gravel, but still my favourite driver Sauván rolled his Mitsu which ended up pretty bad shape after rolling over big rocks there.. Sauv´n was spectacular everywhere and had his own lines on all our places. Surprising that he managed to get so far!

The other round was cancelled so we went to Rämmen's last corner where Araujo went off last year. Now they had decided to but all the warning tapes left to that last corner so there was no action. No one could drive through the tapes if he weren´t blind!

The weather got worse and worse, too bad the rally wasn't held a week before. But still it was a good competiotion, and the fastest man definitely won.

Latvala drive´s nicely, uses big slides and is really confident. On Bjälverud it was nice to listen and compare him to other on the mountain side where we could hear the cars for several kilometres. Latvala went pretty much flat out that section, only couple of times braking and then immediately again on gas. The others were hesitating, and braking and accelerating braking again and accelerating again several times in one corner. Theoretically you should either accelerate maximum or brake maximum, otherwise you loose time. Latvala drove exactly like that!

Galli was also really promising and calm, controlling the race behind works Fords. Nice job. Also I´d like to mention Mikkelsen extremely mature drive and Östberg´s aggressive and spectacular approach. Both are really promising talents!