Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter
    I do think some of the posters on this forum are a bit harsh on talented drivers sometimes - Conrad, like Wilson and others, is a very quick driver and well capable of winning a National series anywhere in the world - but because he's not at the same pace as maybe 10 or a dozen guys at WRC level, he's a waste of a seat?? Really??

I enjoy watching a variety of drivers who have a variety of abilities - it's fascinating watching the second tier of drivers gradually up their speed and begin to match the best, and it's fascinating to see the leading JWRC and PWRC guys when they step up to WRCs. Wilks, Meeke, P-G and Aava have been on the pace (allowing for their machinery not being top class) but people like Arai and Conrad have not.

This doesn't mean they're talentless, just that their level is slightly below the very top - and if I go to watch a WRC event I'm just as appreciative of their efforts fighting over 10th place as I am of a guy in a Swift fighting for the lead of N2 - they're out there doing it to the best of their ability and I'd sooner have that all through the field than some sort of rallysprint with only 20 cars in it.....

Having said all that - Rautenbach has looked worryingly wild since he stepped into a WRC - I'm all for people being on the ragged edge, but his RGB crash was a huge misjudgement, and the onboard from his second Monte crash made it sound like he wasn't even bothered that he'd binned it - maybe unfair but understandable if you're rally position is low and funding isn't an issue - but not a good attitude for your own personal safety I wouldn't have thought.....
    I'm sorry but Conrad has never been a top tier JWRC driver. Sure he's had some good finishes but in a series like that just about anyone who can last till the end will get a good finish every once in a while.

As for your last paragraph I couldn't agree more
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kleisj
    So can you tell me pls that you wouldn't prefer to watch a more competitive driver in their places fighting for a win? I would. WRC needs all actually , and the less competitive drivers but firstly the ones that can fight for top 3 positions raising the level of competition.
    Sure, of course I would - but I'm also realistic. There is no way - ever - that ALL the best drivers have got a top car - even in the Golden age of the 70s/80s/90s *delete depending on how old you are

I can't see anyone who doesn't currently have a drive who could regularly compete for a podium against Loeb, Sordo, JML, Mikko, Petter, Gigi, Atko and Duval.

Meeke, Wilks, Hanninen, Aava, Higgins, Tirabassi, Sola, Alen.... they're all quicker than Conrad, but none of them is a serious top 3 challenger - top 6 maybe, with the potential to luck into a podium now and again, but none of them is another Mikko or Loeb.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter

Meeke, Wilks, Hanninen, Aava, Higgins, Tirabassi, Sola, Alen.... they're all quicker than Conrad, but none of them is a serious top 3 challenger - top 6 maybe, with the potential to luck into a podium now and again, but none of them is another Mikko or Loeb.
    Meeke, Hanninen and Alen all in my opinion, which counts for a lot in my head but very little elsewhere ;-) have what it takes to compete at the very top.

Great thread Daniel, its been fun to read and I'm sure Conrad never dreamed he could ever be as good as is being written of him here!!
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kleisj
    The majority of people talking in here we don't even have the 5% of the skills of Wilson or Rautenbach. .

I have now reached the stage where I can feed and dress myself, does this qualify me as having more than 5% of the hand/eye cordination displayed by Conrad?
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this thread is probably the oddest one I've seen in this forum. Where do you guys find the energy to focus on Conrad like this?
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You really do like the sound of your (admittedly typed) voice don't you!
    Umm, sollitt = 1322 posts / Daniel = 26224 posts (approx. 20 times as many)

Bit of 'Pot calling the kettle black' do you think?
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daniel, seriously - have a w*nk or a computer-free month. Step outside the door, there's a real world outside! You might like it! Get a driving licence, learn to drive. Ask daddy or find sponsors and beat Loeb!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Umm, sollitt = 1322 posts / Daniel = 26224 posts (approx. 20 times as many)

Bit of 'Pot calling the kettle black' do you think?
    Thing is..... you just make stuff up....

As for ARF. People who are too childish to stay on topic or not be rude get reported to the moderators.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Show is over Guys, thread closed !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life