Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    ^If you do that the whole world would trace back to Kenya.
    The "Out of Africa" theory is just one theory out there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetch
    If that nickname came from his last name it was not quite accurate. Vukovich sounds more like a Serbian or Croatian name rather than Russian.
    You really can't accurately make those assumptions. Most people never take my last name as being Russian.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Whereas Andretti & Unser are good old American names?

If you wanted a race with drivers with traditional American names in it, would Penske have to drop Sam Hornish and sign "Dances With Wolves"?
    I don't think Mihai was complaining that his name wasn't "American" enough, especially considering he's from Romania. I think he was just commenting on the origin of Mitrisin's name.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davedigler2004
    Tomorrow afternoon at IMS. They will be making an official annoucement, entering a 2-car effort for Milka Duno and Jeff Mitrisin for the 2007 IRL season.
    It's Friday evening, did the annoucement not happen, or did I miss it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Someone had a "family emergency" apparently.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    THere may be another potential problem:

Supposedly Cahill was buying 4 used Panoz chassis from Chip Ganassi. He has not picked those up yet. It seems that in the change to the 3.5L engine and the switch to ethanol. The Panoz is having cooling issues. Put simply, ethanol burns hotter than methanol, and the configuration of the Panoz cars is leading to problems dissipating heat. This could be a problem for lower budget teams like Cahill and Indy one-offs hoping to pick up a relatively inexpensive Panoz.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that car up there is a Silver Crown car? Sorry for my ignorance, but with a European background, I'm unfamiliar with this type of racing. Looks pretty cool though.
    The only thing that doesn't lie in racing is the stopwatch. (Derek Daly)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jeff is actually from Iowa and yes that is a silver crown crown. USAC no longer uses that version on pavement though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    THere may be another potential problem:

Supposedly Cahill was buying 4 used Panoz chassis from Chip Ganassi. He has not picked those up yet. It seems that in the change to the 3.5L engine and the switch to ethanol. The Panoz is having cooling issues. Put simply, ethanol burns hotter than methanol, and the configuration of the Panoz cars is leading to problems dissipating heat. This could be a problem for lower budget teams like Cahill and Indy one-offs hoping to pick up a relatively inexpensive Panoz.
    Might that spell disaster for overheating in any 500 miler? Regardless of chassis.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weeflyonthewall
    Might that spell disaster for overheating in any 500 miler? Regardless of chassis.
    I really don't know any of the technical aspects, just what I read. For whatever reasons, airflow, radiators, proximity of body to headers etc, the Panoz is having problems that the Dallara is not having. Now over 500 miles, or race conditions when part of a hotdog wrapper blocks part of a radiator, who knows? There may be more engine failures this year.