Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Michael Schumacher Is Ferrari's Third Driver ?

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...icle&sid=74649

Ferrari president Montezemolo described retired seven time world champion Schumacher as the team's "terzo pilota" -- 'third driver' in English
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The only surprise here is that anyone is surprised. If he's on good terms with management and can provide useful feedback to the technical engineers then there's scarcely a problem is there?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    wow
    "signature room for rent"

Just out of interest, does that mean that Schumi still has a current super-licence?

Presumably, he would need one to be considered as a 'substitute' driver if one of the race drivers were injured in GP practice and he was called in to cover.

If he hasn't got a current super-licence, then he is 'merely' (word used with a bit of trepidation considering who it is I'm talking about!) a test driver.

My guess is that even someone like Schumi couldn't just fill in a form on the Saturday morning of a GP and get the licence there and then.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Just out of interest, does that mean that Schumi still has a current super-licence?

Presumably, he would need one to be considered as a 'substitute' driver if one of the race drivers were injured in GP practice and he was called in to cover.

If he hasn't got a current super-licence, then he is 'merely' (word used with a bit of trepidation considering who it is I'm talking about!) a test driver.

My guess is that even someone like Schumi couldn't just fill in a form on the Saturday morning of a GP and get the licence there and then.
    Is it only actual competition that requires a superlicense then, testing does not require it?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Is it only actual competition that requires a superlicense then, testing does not require it?
    Testing does not fall under the Super-licence remit. Testing, as far as I know, is not regulated by the FIA except for the limitation on the number of days per year a team can test.

Kimi Raikkonen only applied for his super-licence, which was granted with a performance proviso, after he had tested for Sauber in 2001.

More recently, Marco Andretti tested the Honda without a Super-licence.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Testing does not fall under the Super-licence remit. Testing, as far as I know, is not regulated by the FIA except for the limitation on the number of days per year a team can test.

Kimi Raikkonen only applied for his super-licence, which was granted with a performance proviso, after he had tested for Sauber in 2001.

More recently, Marco Andretti tested the Honda without a Super-licence.
    TVM.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    One of the requirements of the superlicence is that the driver has to compete a certain number of km's in testing, so it's a bit hard to say they need a licence in order to test!
    But I would imagine that validating an existing licence for racing is not going to be a problem, after all Williams managed it for Nigel Mansell pretty easily in '94..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You also need a current contract with a team. If Markus Winkelhock could get a licence after half a day's testing the MSC could get one without trouble.

...so long as he had the current contract.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't think that is a problem And you don't need a contract, but you do have to be enterered by the team by 4pm (I believe) on the Thursday before a GP weekend.