Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Myths

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    In a poll taken here in the heart of nascar the majority of fans did not like the Chase. I better be careful though of what I post or some will call me a whiner. I love Nascar but I don't like what the current people are doing with it.
    Nah you have to be Jeff Gordon to be labeled a whiner. Everyone elses comments are just considered legitiimate concerns.
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    Nah you have to be Jeff Gordon to be labeled a whiner. Everyone elses comments are just considered legitiimate concerns.
    Your spelling needs improved. I believe you meant "Winner" instead of "Whiner" when mentioning Jeff Gordon.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your spelling needs improved. I believe you meant "Winner" instead of "Whiner" when mentioning Jeff Gordon.

Amen!!!
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In a poll taken here in the heart of nascar the majority of fans did not like the Chase. I better be careful though of what I post or some will call me a whiner.
    And be careful if you post something that is not critical of everything NASCAR does or some people will call you a NASCAR Lackey.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That the exact same thing I tell all the Jeff Gordon haters.

Unless it's Tony Stewart, then it cause he's PO'd. I like Tony too. He came from CART(yahoo)and he's a winner too.
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    I think if you've read much of Poole's stuff you will find that he's probably the most even handed NASCAR reporter out there. He isn't afraid to criticize NASCAR as he often does, but then he's not the kind of reporter to do nothing but whine and complain like so many other NASCAR reporters do, such as Mulhern and Ben Blake.
    I like reading Poole's articles too. I think the only other writer that has as much respect as David is Monte Dutton. Mulhern should be reporting for the National Enquirer.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One thing i dont get is i remember seeing Poole on NASCAR Now along with Marty Smith and a couple of others (Jeff Burton i think) a few months ago and duing that interview/dicussion didnt he say he didnt like the chase niether did fans and NASCAR should listen. So now hes changed his mind?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    So now hes changed his mind?
    I don't think he's changed his mind per se. I think he's arguring for argument's sake. Trying to show some of the lack of logic and reality in some people's reasoning for why they don't like things.

Like me, he's highly amused that the former point's system which people always claimed to hate is now referred to as "Classic".

It's fine to not like things that change, there are many things that change that I don't like. But people should be intellecutally honest with themselves and not just climb on the latest complaining bandwagon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like me, he's highly amused that the former point's system which people always claimed to hate is now referred to as "Classic".
    Most people will admit that the old systems wasnt perfect and would have changed it. But most people wouldnt have implimented the chase, they would have just rewarded the winner more.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    Most people will admit that the old systems wasnt perfect and would have changed it. But most people wouldnt have implimented the chase, they would have just rewarded the winner more.
    And when a driver had a long winning streak and wrapped up the championship in mid-September due to the winner getting more points than before, the ones calling for more points to the winner would suddenly forget that they were calling for such a change. They would suddenly be longing for the "Classic Points System" again.