Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to say that despite some dodgy moments in shakedown, I really enjoyed doing this rally!

My setup remained the same throughout, with the Gearbox at 25%, and the Break Power and Stearing at around 75%.

Has some hairy moments, especially on SS3 and SS5, but overall, I am very pleased with my first ever rally on the forum, and one of my first proper rally's on cmr2!

I don't know what went wrong on stages 7 and 8, but we just didn't have the pace, for a reason that I cannot fathom (Any Vicar of Dibley fans?), and were a bit off-form on stage 9 as well. 2 late pacenotes (seriously) sent us off on SS10, losing a lot more time than I would have imagined, but SS11 went all to plan, finnishing on a good note, although the time didn't reflect that.

So, enjoyed my first rally, and me and the Toyota are getting to know each other well. We probably didn't do too well, but hopefully a good enough start

For the WRC I will also have a new co-driver, so things may be different again there.

~Paws~
    wrc3f.tk <-- Our Site

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Shakedown:
    1. 1.26.??
    2. 1.25.32 - changed steering setup
    3. 1.27.46 - new brake setup, not good
    4. 1.24.85 - back to setup from second run
    5. 1.23.98 - improved my driving

My record is 1.22. I don't like this stage, corners are too tight.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawprint
    My setup remained the same throughout, with the Gearbox at 25%, and the Break Power and Stearing at around 75%.

Has some hairy moments, especially on SS3 and SS5, but overall, I am very pleased with my first ever rally on the forum, and one of my first proper rally's on cmr2!
    Quite normal, the only thing the brakes do at 75% is lock up. Try to use 25% brake power, it will go better. And biased towards the front.

My setup was a medium short gearbox, very hard suspension, power and brakes biased towards the front and very weak braking power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried with the power towards the front, but struggled.
    wrc3f.tk <-- Our Site

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the brakes biased towards the rear to be able to brake the car into a corner. I normally have teh power ratio slightly towards the front to pull it out of the oversteer created by the braking when I hit thr throttle again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've tried the rear biased braking too, but I'm struggling with it. Most corners on this stage are slow and I always end up sideways into the advertising boards.

Quite embarrassing really...

Will give it another go tomorrow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No rally for me...coursework
    //waves

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have miss placed my times! Luckily I have sent them to Tannat for the results.
    Anyway, we set some good times and a few PB's as well! Very surprising with a new car and Team. The spped and control was different to the Focus, we could just hold it wide open without it falling off the road! I think it was Stage 7 or 10 that had us in a huge, high speed spin, at 100mph+ it sure gets your attention. Surprisingly there was little damage throughout the Rally, just some bodywork and the Gearbox locking up a couple of times.
    Good luck to all and let's see who has been out practicing during the off season...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha
    I've tried the rear biased braking too, but I'm struggling with it. Most corners on this stage are slow and I always end up sideways into the advertising boards.

Quite embarrassing really...

Will give it another go tomorrow.

Love the picture Juha!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shakedown times

1:27.34 lousy driving
    1:27.80 see above
    1:25.08 better
    1:24.86
    1:24.82

I think I could have the car set up a dozen different ways and achieve the same time. I varied front to rear drive split and suspension and it seemed to make little diff.

What did make a difference were my lines, keeping on the 'proper' track, and out of the drifts....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(