Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    I don't think it will business as usual. You even mention that Michael earned #1 status prior to joining Ferrari. This alone tells me that they drivers were predilected to not race each other.

In the article Todt mentions that he "free to duel". I can't remember an instance during the MS era where these words were spoken.

Fair enough.
    I say it's business as usual in that once a clear No.1 is established Ferrari will play their usual team game. The only difference between this year and the last decade is that they don't have a clear No.1.

I believe it will probably take 6 or 7 races until the order is established.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I'm assuming Raikkonen would be placed number 1 in this situation, but what would happen in the unlikely event that they are dead even after the first several races?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like in any other team they will be allowed to race each other to establish their positions within the team and championship, then team orders will be the order of the day, like in any other team.
    Michael Schumacher has not won 7 world championships by driving like a christian motorist, David Coulthard on the other hand...... - J. Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    you would even say that with a Ferrari 1-2 or a Ferrari 2-1, ala Austria and USA?
    Yes, I would.

The decision to pull Rubens over in Austria was for the benefit, first and foremost, of Ferrari. It wasn't taken because Michael had a friendship with Ross Brawn or Jean Todt, it was taken for what the Ferrari management saw as the best for the team.

You can argue against the merits of that decision, you can loathe it if you want, but you can't deny it was Ferrari's decision to make.

They wanted the drivers championship and it was they who had taken the decision that their best hope of that was Michael Schumacher.

The Austria 02 decision was most likely taken before the start of the season, whereas with the current situation regarding Ferrari drivers the decision will most likely not be made until the management have firm evidence that one driver is better than the other....but the decision will still be taken.

Nothing in what Todt said yesterday suggests that they wouldn't come to a similar conclusion, the only difference being that the 'call' won't be made over the pit-to-car radio in the future but in the motorhome or offices at Maranello.

So, like I said, there is nothing new.

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Actually, a bash also means a great New Year party, so I hope you had a good bash. But don't drink as much as Kimi :
    LOL
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Agreed mokin:

So who is going to come out on top? Kimi or Felipe?
    I believe we will see some very close racing! mokin:
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Personnally I believe that Kimi will walk all over Felipe, he hasnt shown to have the speed that the liks of Schumi, Kimi and Alonso have.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Like any team the drivers will be permitted to race each other until a point in the season when one has a significant lead over the other in the points standing. The focus of the team will then be to support the leader for the WDC.

Kimi will quickly emerge as the dominent driver. Mass IMO has always been one of the most over-rated drivers in F1.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post back in time...

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You need to go back to the books mate.
    Michael's first race with Ferrari was the Australian GP at Melbourne in 1996. Eddie Irvine outqualified Michael to everyone's surprise, that is to everyone except Eddie of course!

Guess what happened during the early stages of the race? Eddie was ahead of Michael and when Michael closed in on Eddie he effortlessly passed him. I would be more likely to say that Eddie let him by without a fight. It was all for not because Michael went on to retire and Eddie claimed third spot on the podium. A well deserved result for Eddie.

I believe it was after this race that Eddie was promptly told to go on his famous vacation while Michael tested for days on end to come to grips with the car.

Sirius

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Team orders are one of the things I hate the most about racing. If the number one guy is the best, let him prove it every day against every competitor, including one's teammate. That said, the teammates should't be taking each other out either.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".