Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lexus Touring Cars

This team (http://www.lgt-engineering.com/) appear to be looking to enter the 2008 WTCC, they appear to have some pretty fantastic credentils with ex-ABG Team Principle Tim Blake one of the guys involved:

"With over twenty years experience at the pinnacle of motorsport, LGT's Technical Director, George Ryton, brings vast experience and technical innovation from his previous positions as Head of Chassis Design at Ferrari F1 & Technical Director of Tyrrell F1 to an existing team of designers and engineers that already boasts extremely high technical ability and flair"

Do you think we will see them in the BTCC?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I doubt we'll see them in the WTCC to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    This team (http://www.lgt-engineering.com/) appear to be looking to enter the 2008 WTCC, they appear to have some pretty fantastic credentils with ex-ABG Team Principle Tim Blake one of the guys involved:

"With over twenty years experience at the pinnacle of motorsport, LGT's Technical Director, George Ryton, brings vast experience and technical innovation from his previous positions as Head of Chassis Design at Ferrari F1 & Technical Director of Tyrrell F1 to an existing team of designers and engineers that already boasts extremely high technical ability and flair"

With those impressive credentials you would have thought they would have their finger on the button...

But this does surprise me! 'Delivery: 3 months (Starting February 2008)'

Unless I am reading it wrong, delivery won't be until MAY?.. Seems too late to me! Season has already started!

Nope.. Don't even expect them to be in the WTCC either!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The original claim was for those cars to enter the WTCC at 07's Brands Hatch round...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    waw that IS looks nice hope it is in WTCC soon
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick

I seriously doubt they will be seen in BTCC, WTCC or any other TCC!

Last i heard there was 1 stripped out caged shell at their workshops, no funding and not a lot else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is all very interesting and will wait to see whats happening later on this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isnt that the same type of Lexus that Chris Stockton was supposed to be using for 2008 ???????...................
    :rolleyes: VXRacing :rolleyes:

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    I love Lexi, I think of them as the Japanese Mercedes....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    theres been talk of these guys entering over the past few years in one Lexus or another but I heard they always realease something optimistic in the hope of attracting sponsors but then nothing materialises.