Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Another very sad example of the pointlessness and utter bankruptcy of the concept of the 'war on terror'.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Daniel, you're being anti-American.

America decides what's democracy and what's not. What America says goes. If they say a dictatorship is a democracy then it is. Just remember all those democratic leaders backed by the US, such as Batista in Cuba, the Shah in Iran, Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Pinochet in Chile, Marcos in the Philippines, etc.
    Stop it Eki, you are just being naughty .

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    A very sad day, Pakistan was already on the edge.
    This may be more than enough to push it over, not only that, the ramifications will be far reaching.

We may see a further partitioning of an already partitioned country, and what happens after that is anyone's guess, will the moderates prevail or will the extremists take charge and isolate the country further.

Relations with the west were already strained, and without a doubt this won't help.
    I'm afraid I see dark days ahead.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Sad news indeed.

I doubt Musharraf was involved, the MO is that of Al-Qaeda and its related tribes in the NW of the country. Not only that but Musharraf has an interest in ensuring that the elections in January run smoothly.

I know the Indians might not like my POV but Pakistan is best held in Musharraf's grip. He's trying to modernise the economy and extend the power of the state in a country where vast reaches are beyond government control. Pakistan needs this change.

Sometimes people put too much emphasis on achieving democracy without thinking whether its the right time for that particular country. Iraq is an obvious example. Pakistan sadly is another.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Sometimes people put too much emphasis on achieving democracy without thinking whether its the right time for that particular country. Iraq is an obvious example. Pakistan sadly is another.
    I agree with this assessment. To be honest, Afghanistan can be added to the list.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Watching the news it's apparently obviously a terrorist, without anybody taking responsibility

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Why is it that in certain parts of the world people seem to think it's OK to kill someone who disgrees with them?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was shocked once hear this from VOA last night. For whatever reason I feel sorry for that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So governing Pakistan was our responsibility. We are somehow responsible to this. You need to go take your medicine!!!

it wasn't america's responsibility,but wasn't America responsible for

1-providing arms to Taliban and Al-Qaeda
    2-ignoring the obvious signs and still supporting the army regime of Musharaff

the americans should be feeling pretty proud of themselves with all the money they sent to pakistan in the form of weapons and cash being used to ferment insurgency...

funny thing is that the americans still haven't taken action against a country who refused to hand over the worst nuclear spy ( A Q Khan ) for questioning
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Another very sad example of the pointlessness and utter bankruptcy of the concept of the 'war on terror'.
    I'll agree with that. Who decides when the "war on terror" ends anyway?? :\

This will probably (conveniently for the government) mean that elections will be cancelled or postponed.

Damn shame.