Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Swedish 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Going to Likenäs?
    Though Likenas is one hell of a drive, it does a good job of easing traffic congestion near Uddeholm, Eksharad and Geijersholm.

Bring back the Monster! Granberget!
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you need a ticket to access the stages, I see that they are selling it for 400kr, is it necessary to be able to go to the stages and do they sell out or can you buy them a day before?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    You can buy the tickets by the stages. Actually, but this I probably shouldn´t say, they are not allowed to charge strictly speaking if you just stand in the woods. But everyone pays anyway, since it is a huge support to the local motor clubs, and in most places they have made special arrangements. Last year I think it was 80 for the stage and 40 for parking.
    A relative of mine who lives in Sunne, he is a real charachter btw(Ex sw champ in RC SupNat), always tell the guards that he is not interested in the rally, he is out to find some mushrooms...
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hehe, back in New Zealand I managed to get to a stage for free once, but every other time we ended up paying. 400kr ticket for the whole weekend is not that much, so I'll probably get that. I've been looking at hotels and all of the ones I found were booked out for that weekend, any recommendations? some cheap places close to the rally?

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    hehe, back in New Zealand I managed to get to a stage for free once, but every other time we ended up paying. 400kr ticket for the whole weekend is not that much, so I'll probably get that. I've been looking at hotels and all of the ones I found were booked out for that weekend, any recommendations? some cheap places close to the rally?
    Why watch rally when it is freezing? How do get warm all the time when you wait in freezing cold weather. For the atmosphere and action I like to watch. But so cold... Brrr I hate it. I stay inside or have you tips to stay warm. If so I come in 2009 to Norway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you need a ticket to access the stages, I see that they are selling it for 400kr, is it necessary to be able to go to the stages and do they sell out or can you buy them a day before?
    All the OKQ8 stations in the Hagfors area will have rally passes. I've gotten mine as far away as Fredricksberg. They are about ~$50 or like 45euro.

YOu could probably go to the forest stages without one. Some stages ask for a single stage fee. I know Rammen didnt charge last time. YOu can't get into any SSS's without a rally pass or the one time fee.

I've been looking at hotels and all of the ones I found were booked out for that weekend, any recommendations? some cheap places close to the rally?
    There are no hotels near the rally. I'm sure the Kil Hotel (near the Karlstad Airport) is booked that weekend, as are the other accomodations in Karlstad. Go to http://www.swedishrally.com/en,private.html and select a Tourist Bureau and see if they can help you find accomodation in a private house. But hurry up, time is running out.

It's a crapshoot where you end up, but most places are very nice, and offer use of the kitchen and may include breakfast. Expect to pay around $250 for accomodation for 3 nights. I stayed in a farmhouse near Bergsang, in a house in south Uddeholm and in a guesthouse in the residential area of Hagfors. This year we are staying in Munkfors, which is more central to the stages.

Hope that helps.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Soptunna

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    soptunna rules!

In car cam this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfGpPFbjnjI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys,

I have just read the full thread and thought i would share my advice..

Back in Nov of 2006 me and 2 mates decided we will head out to Sweden for the WRC in Feb 2007.. anyway.. to cut a long story it was great!!

Last year In 2007 the snow didnt hit Karlstad, (Rally HQ, SS) until around the 29th Jan,

We flew into Stockholm Skavsta (NYO), its about 165 miles from Karlstad, when we landed we was hit with a VERY hard snow fall for the full drive over to Karlstad, (in about 6 hours, 6 inch of snow fell) The roads was covered for the full route and it took us about 3 hours or so,

ALL HIRE CARS have studded tyres, this is LAW in Sweden from October to April/May, the amount of grip is great, REMEMBER to respect you are driving on snow, other wise you will get caught out.. don't get too cocky with it!

Anyway.. back too it..

Arrived in Karlstad, on the Wed's night.. relaxed, and then on Friday headed to the Super Special Stage,

Last year the service park was @ Hagfors, this year for 2008 it is going to be based in Karlstad.

The Uddeholm Swedish Rally will in 2008 be more centralized. Both the main service park and the Shakedown stage will be established in Karlstad
    Below is a Video of me and my mates driving upto Hagfors, the outside temp was -20'c. - The video is around 5 mins long and shows you the pure beauty of the place..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwjd5ng8m3o

Below are a few photos....

(this year, i have upgraded the Hire car to a Volvo S80.. Which should be nice)

As i enjoyed it so much last year... I have booked for 2008, flying out on the 7th and returning on the 11th Feb.

If anyone has any links to the stages for the 2008, please could you advise or drop me a PM.

Cheers Guys and hope to see some of you out there!!

Rick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Just found this video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwjd5ng8m3o which gives you an idea of what the roads are like.
    Haha, love his comment about the "speed on the ice". Ehh.. he doesn't go so very fast And btw... Why go fast? More important to get there safely!
    for fun? never! sports are serious stuff.
    my wrc/irc/rally blog: http://www.maxattack.net

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Sorry if going off topic,
    Anyway, had fun at the '07 Swedish, the group were given a 1.9 TDi Polo and 2 x Volvo V70s (2.5L T) so when we figured out how to turn off the traction control in them, we acted immature but had fun though (not on the road though, private areas)