Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swedish 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Swedish 2008

Hi there you Swedish rally fans ,

Is there anybody who can tell us nice point for the new stages an friday and saturday?

Thanks

Willem
    Willem Wittenberg | Rallysport Stock Photo
    www.rssp.eu

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    The only thing what I'm worry about is weather conditions in Sunne, Hagfors, Karlstad region. Seems like nothing like a snow at the moment there Plz tell me that everything will be OK in February...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What will happen if there is no snow, would they cancel the rally?
    I'm thinking of going cause I can get a free ticket to Stockholm, but I'm worried if there is going to be no snow?

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    There have been same worries about snow for the past few years. There is still 6 weeks to the rally so we will have to see what the weather does closer to the event.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is the problem every year, but in the end it always seems to be alright. Thay have cancelled the rally once, in 1990 i believe, due to warm weather. If there is no ice on the roads they will be destroyed.
    Judging from previous years it is impossible to tell anything abt the conditions until a few days before the rally.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would FIA allow them to run the rally as a gravel event if there is no snow and ice, it's just a tire change? instead of cancelling it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Would FIA allow them to run the rally as a gravel event if there is no snow and ice, it's just a tire change? instead of cancelling it?
    It's like Magnus said, the roads would be to soft to drive at this time of the year if there is no ice.
    But it's more likely they drive than not so no reason to be afraid of cancellation.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One more question, I'm thinking of getting a rent a car in Stockholm and driving to Karlstad. What are the driving conditions during this time of the year, are the roads kept clean of snow and how accessible are the stages with a car? I've never been to Sweden, so I'm not sure how everything goes over there,

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    It's like Magnus said, the roads would be to soft to drive at this time of the year if there is no ice.
    But it's more likely they drive than not so no reason to be afraid of cancellation.
    Too soft to drive?? Do you mean they will be softer than the roads that they use in Rally GB for example??? Don`t think so

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Yes they are softer. Last Year South Estonian winter-rally was canceled because the road was almost impossible to drive after recce (even there was some snow and ice left). During the winter the surface freezes and when it melts then it is soft like a bog! But it also depends on the bedrock and material they used to construct the road. And teams have to nominate their tires quite a long before the event. So, It is not very clever to drive on the gravel with the peaks.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas