Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

McRae

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Why cant we have 2.5L N/A engines and 4 WD (like Andy Burton's home built Peugeot in UK) for those that dont know this car look hear http://www.peugeot-cosworth.co.uk/ or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkasV_YVvTQ
    Same concept as Colin McRae's project as well !

Not a bad idea the old champ had ??

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    The cars of Trophee Andros sound cool too!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Makes me think of '87... From Gr B to Gr A. Well, it wasn't that bad!

My point exactly, and if it changed for 09, we would have forgotten WRC by 2010 !

But the 168 000 € limit should be for a complete car for both gravel and asfalt, and not just one.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Makes me think of '87... From Gr B to Gr A. Well, it wasn't that bad!
    Ok but you can't keep saying that forever, come on the S2000 can't even do a donut on tarmac. The wrc is already underpowered on tarmac.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the S2000 is a good idea, which havingsome time to evolve and develop will make for great cars and rallyes. I don't expect it to be the best from the word go, but it appeals to me.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Instead of having the WRC as S2000/Group N only, the WRC cars should be made more simple, like the original WRC cars by having no paddleshift for example.
    That would make it cheaper.

MJW
    I dont know about posting links here, especially as the publication is a UK newspaper but there is a very interesting "final interview" with Colin McRae in the Christmas Motorsport News. In it Colin gives the lowdown on what he feels about wrc cars - rewarding to drive but boring, how much money making and politics there is now in wrc, how technology is adding to the costs, the same routine for every round. Very interesting read! This is what prompted my post above about 2.5L normally aspirated engines, McRae said costs would be slashed as the engines would be powerfull enough without the need for expensive turbos' intercoolers, water injection sprays, a host of highly qualified laptop engineers to study terrabites of data etc, and mechanical gearboxes. He may have had a vested interest but CMcRae said then we will see who can drive.

MJW
    Oh and he said they would sound right, McRae also said a JWRC S1600 is more exiciting to watch than a WRC car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont know about posting links here, especially as the publication is a UK newspaper but there is a very interesting "final interview" with Colin McRae in the Christmas Motorsport News. In it Colin gives the lowdown on what he feels about wrc cars - rewarding to drive but boring, how much money making and politics there is now in wrc, how technology is adding to the costs, the same routine for every round. Very interesting read! This is what prompted my post above about 2.5L normally aspirated engines, McRae said costs would be slashed as the engines would be powerfull enough without the need for expensive turbos' intercoolers, water injection sprays, a host of highly qualified laptop engineers to study terrabites of data etc, and mechanical gearboxes. He may have had a vested interest but CMcRae said then we will see who can drive.
    He (Collin) know what he was talking about.
    Why do the F.I.A. need so much time to get what rally realy is? At last they see that the WRC Cars are too expensive and too fast! Why they wait soo long?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Oh and he said they would sound right, McRae also said a JWRC S1600 is more exiciting to watch than a WRC car.
    Don't belive you before you post the link
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net