Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Driver with most at stake in 2008?

Which driver has the most to prove in '08, who might lose their ride or be out of the series altogether if they don't overwhelm the press or their bosses?

It seems that we have in inordinate number of drivers with a lot at stake this season.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Ralf, if he even gets a drive - last chance saloon.

possibly the same for Rubens and DC, maybe Trulli too, both will need to shine to stay around.

Webber could do with a big drive to keep his name in peoples minds.

i think Hamilton will have a lot to live up to and the pressure will be firmly on to deliver.

Alonso needs to out perform the car and his teammate to ensure people still believe he is as good as he thinks he is and deserves the status of.

Massa could do with beating Kimi, and preferably everyone else. Kimi can't afford to be beaten by Massa!

Nelsinho will have a lot at stake if he dares to challenge Alonso - it will be interesting if he is as quick in comparison to Hamilton as they were in GP2

everyone else should be able to just get on with their jobs relatively safely!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Which driver has the most to prove in '08, who might lose their ride or be out of the series altogether if they don't overwhelm the press or their bosses?

It seems that we have in inordinate number of drivers with a lot at stake this season.
    Hamilton---He choked last year and the question is will he continue to choke

Of course if you are talking rides and drives, I started to say ralf, but he already has lost the most, but others may follow such as Nick H, Ruben B. DC ( Dc should have already been gone)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I agree with Hamilton. Ended last season going backwards but is considered by his supports as the best driver in F1 despite only 1 season under his belt. Not only that he will have to lead McLren now that he doesn't have Alonso on which the lean on or benchmark.

Bourdais is another one with a great deal of expectation on his shoulders. Nobody is suggesting that he has to win but he has to do well against Vettel and throw off the ex-Champ-Car-Champion-who-sucks-at-F1 tag that will get attached to him very quickly if he struggles.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hamilton has to prove that he can develop a car on his own although I don't think there is much at stake for him as he probably has a seat at McLaren until he retires.

Boudais has to prove that he deserves his shot at F1. I have no doubt he's very fast, but he's landed next to a young guy that is the real deal so hopefully he can hang with or beat Vettel.

I'd say that both Trulli and Glock need to impress this year.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is Lewis Hamilton's year to prove himself. That many fans have huge doubts about him and this is the year for him to prove many wrong and show he is a class act.
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Hamilton and Bourdais.
    Also, Massa will also be wanting to prove he can still compete for #1 Ferrari driver role without TC. Otherwise his best hope for a championship just passed him.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Kovalainen needs to show he's not just an average driver against Hamilton. If he fails to impress in a good car, it's pretty much over for him after his McLaren contract ends.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Isn't that always the way though? The reason the likes of DC and Rubens have been around for so long is that that have proved themselves to those that matter over the years. They are not complacent enough to believe they have a 'right' to be in F1, and the same applies to the rookies, or at least it should do!!
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlavaaaa

I'd say that both Trulli and Glock need to impress this year.
    Their car need to impress too
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life