Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 573 Times in 208 Posts

spectators

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    But doesn't it make sence when yu hear a heli you know a car is coming? Wouldn't people for example your self whom has been following rally much longer then me (I think) know this by now? I would preffer there to be heli's as then "Oh get prepaird a car is coming"... hrmmm
    Of course, it would be easy if there was never a car coming when a helicopter decides to pass, or if there was always a car coming. It's when the first three helicopters go over the stage, so you jump off to the side, only to stand there for a while when nothing hapens. So then the fourth chopper, following the car along the stage, approaches but spectators ignore it because obviously nothing is coming.

AKA "crying wolf".

Anyone who has walked down a stage with me would know that I do it safely and if there is any doubt if there's a car approaching, I get off the road and wait until it passes. Typically this takes approximately fifteen minutes, but I prefer to be on the safe side because as soon as I decide there is nothing coming and jump back onto the road, that's when a car will arrive!!

PS I have been going to rallies since I was two weeks old, so probably a lot longer than you.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Remember Finland this year? Yeah that was the last car. Oops!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think helicopters shouldn't be there either. A rally is for spectators and competitors. Not armchair wrc fans.
    It doesn't matter much to me if there are helicopters on the stages or not. Weren't they banned a few years ago anyway? Must have been a temporary ban then.

I won't bother going to more detail(because there isn't many, just an opinion), but I disagree with your last statement.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Entries close the 3rd january, and update of the swedish site isn't fast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Swedish news reporting Gronholm will drive a Ford WRC in Sweden?

Is this news, or just news to me?
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXedUSA
    Swedish news reporting Gronholm will drive a Ford WRC in Sweden?

Is this news, or just news to me?
    That is news to me. Checked around a bit, but couldn't find anything. Amazing if true though

Tom: I'm guessing the website admins are enjoying a bit of christmas holiday for a few days
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    A rally is for spectators and competitors. Not armchair wrc fans.
    So, you are not armchair wrc fan, right? If that's the case, how do you explaing over 25000 posts in this forum? Or maybe you use toilet seat when you post here?

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    So, you are not armchair wrc fan, right? If that's the case, how do you explaing over 25000 posts in this forum? Or maybe you use toilet seat when you post here?
    Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Sign of the times guess.

Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Same as F1. Sign of the times guess.

Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Same as F1. Sign of the times I guess.