Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Lada
    Good choice - at least you won't have to worry about slamming the doors shut!! :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Did anyone actually read the opening paragraph to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Who would we like to see in Formula One as either and engine supplier, chassis builder, combination thereof or whole car builder? Assuming a budget of £10zn* and a lead development time of nil.
    Hmm....
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Did anyone actually read the opening paragraph to this?

Hmm....
    Yes!! I saw it Rollo. It was very inspirational. However, the rest of the post seemed to go downhill quite rapidly from there.

But to answer your opening paragraph, perhaps we could get Max to resurrect those March chassis, stuff those Cosworth Ford engines into them and race them around.

What do you think of that as a great idea?

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Some good suggestions so far, but I don't want to think about it too much.

When Toyota and Honda got into the sport I was sure they would be top level cars within a few years. No sense in getting my hopes up that someone else could do it much better.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    You might get a few more Australian viewers if there was a Holden and a Ford F1 team.

Wouldn't mind seeing Peugeot have another crack, maybe going down the Renault way of doing things.

Audi* and Porsche would be good.

* though we don't need another silver and red car on the grid

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    You might get a few more Australian viewers if there was a Holden and a Ford F1 team.

Wouldn't mind seeing Peugeot have another crack, maybe going down the Renault way of doing things.

Audi* and Porsche would be good.

* though we don't need another silver and red car on the grid
    OK!! the V8's will bring viewers who can identify with the brand of their family cars. But if either of these two Australian companies, or even the parent company in the USA starts to think of F1, they immediately contemplate economic hari kiri.

I think Rollo appears to be thinking of a giant company building some sort of customer cars with customer engines; and frankly while I think the idea has merit if the right company with the right engineering and F1 experience can be found, in reality the current customer car vis a vis the mysterious concord agreement means that it isn't going to be agreed on by certain teams if any of the current racers appear to be involved.

That is the sad state of affairs in F1 right now.