Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Can anyone here expand on the "quickshift, fast fill" that is refered to in the letter?
    I guess not, unless someone here works for Ferrari or McLaren, or if Stepney or Coughlan visit this forum.

We might however guess it's some high end technology that mcLaren didn't discover before the moment Stepney decided to help them.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Roger that , Wilco , good job , over .
    You too , Drifter .

Gotta say there's a few "don't agree with the FIA's conclusion"s in that statement , and a few too many "we've already been punished too much"s , for it to be a total "hands up" apology .
    It certainly must mean that they are dead to rights guilty .
    There is red in that car , and there are red parts ready for the '08 by the sound of it , with them declaring developement moratoria .

It wasn't beyond the imagination to think they might come up with a part or 2 that looked a little fishy and could be reddish upon final inspection , but this was red on the drawing board .

This was Whitmarsh speaking for the team .

Get a mic in front of Ron .

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I really don't see what this brings to the surface that wasn't already known.

We knew that some information was circulated through several people back when they released the reports on the investigation.

I do wonder what is blacked out in the letter. It may be something similar to what Ferrari uses yet not close enough that the FIA may stil allow it. Just a guess of course.
    In terms of new information on McLaren use/access to Ferrari data, not much is new. McLaren is mainly acknowledging the WMSC findings.

The new piece is the promise to freeze development in three different areas. Tire gas may not mean much, but it looks like McLaren's transmission development (quickshift) may be frozen and that they can't experiment with ways to fill the car faster at pit stops. Those items could hamper McLaren car development in 2008.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Can some explain how a car can fast fill when the refuellers are all the same?
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

From Speed web site :
    “In the light of McLaren's public apology and undertakings, the FIA President has asked the members of the World Motor Sport Council for their consent to cancel the hearing scheduled for 14 February 2008 and, in the interests of the sport, to consider this matter closed.”

How do we feel about Max now ?

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    He still needs to stop slating people with personal insults whatever his actions
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    From Speed web site :
    “In the light of McLaren's public apology and undertakings, the FIA President has asked the members of the World Motor Sport Council for their consent to cancel the hearing scheduled for 14 February 2008 and, in the interests of the sport, to consider this matter closed.”

How do we feel about Max now ?
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64373

Changes nothing, but it does make the threats about the warning of severe repercussions if ferrari data was used on the 2008 car, to be meaningless....and the statement is not surprizing, since to have implemented those promises, would have put a major dent in revenue and Hamster's shot at producing even more revenue by taking or at least coming close to taking, the WDC, if the promise of real disqulaification is carried out, and that is what it is all about.

No different than Max's letter promising immunity for drivers to keep generating interest and revenue for bernie...

Money.

A deal worked out behind the scenes. Mac admits to being an even bigger thief and liar than previously thought, and Max says ok, you have immunity, case closed. Now go generate some cash for all of us.

Read the Prince, when I heard the news, my first thought was that pulls the plug on Mac for this year, but then I thought, what about this revenue for 2008 year? What happens to revenue....then pop out comes this post.

Backroom deals and the Prince is still alive and well.

Only those who drink the kool aid will not see this whole thing for what a hypocritical joke it really is........where's Ioan???

Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmm, integrity, integrity Mr Dennis. Oh you were not able to find the level of "intoxication" yourself.
    And you want us to beleive so. You just found out the trouble when FA "blackmailed" you in Hungary. Give me a bloody brake.

Popular beleive is very wise and as I have said here a few times, there is an Spanish say that goes like this, "tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack"

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    This is pretty damning. I reckon McLaren should be excluded from 2008.
    "signature room for rent"

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64373

Changes nothing, but it does make the threats about the warning of severe repercussions if ferrari data was used on the 2008 car, to be meaningless....and the statement is not surprizing, since to have implemented those promises, would have put a major dent in revenue and Hamster's shot at producing even more revenue by taking or at least coming close to taking, the WDC, if the promise of real disqulaification is carried out, and that is what it is all about.

No different than Max's letter promising immunity for drivers to keep generating interest and revenue for bernie...

Money.

A deal worked out behind the scenes. Mac admits to being an even bigger thief and liar than previously thought, and Max says ok, you have immunity, case closed. Now go generate some cash for all of us.

Read the Prince, when I heard the news, my first thought was that pulls the plug on Mac for this year, but then I thought, what about this revenue for 2008 year? What happens to revenue....then pop out comes this post.

Backroom deals and the Prince is still alive and well.

Only those who drink the kool aid will not see this whole thing for what a hypocritical joke it really is........where's Ioan???

Whaddaya mean , changes nothing ?
    It puts Max back in charge . That's what it does .

Expect Ron to quietly lick his wounds in the background , with perhaps an "all that needs be said was in the official statement" .

The kids have been bad and will have to stay after school , writing "I will not lie to the FIA" one hundred million times on the blackboard .

Little Martin is worried about being called to the office , and his pals Jackie and Damon will be worrying about whether they will be "pressed"for their opinions as well , given the news .

Sure , you can look at it through Markabillean eyes , and see the seedy side of it , but maybe we can also see a return to a more gentlemanly sport , given that all involved can witness the outrage to such a degree that there are articles popping up about the impending loss of sponsorship .
    This is the human side poking at Machiavelli , who can only react with webspin trying to keep up .
    It is the public voting with Johnny paycheque .