Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FeeWaybill
    Last year I made do with channel 5 highlights but this year i'd like to follow much more if i can. I am a sky customer, can anyone steer me in the right direction, and provide an idiots giude on what i should do and pay please? Cheers.
    if you're a sky customer you'll be able to watch all 36 races of the Sprint Cup (was Nextel Cup) either in full live or as live on Setanta Sports Ireland (ch434), Setanta will also show (it did last year anyway) the Nationwide (was Busch) Series as live- plus the daily NASCAR Now shows- and they don't go to ad breaks every 5 minutes either

it will cost £9.95 per month and you'll get the whole Setanta Sports package for that- they also show loads of other US sports as well as BTCC and DTM

call Setanta Sports and they'll switch it on for you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last year etc..........

Tubes fan then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks

Dj - All sorted, thanks for your help.

Colin - Yes mate. White punks, don't touch me there, show me a reason...oldies but goodies. jeez I'm showing my age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Last year I made do with channel 5 highlights but this year i'd like to follow much more if i can. I am a sky customer, can anyone steer me in the right direction, and provide an idiots giude on what i should do and pay please? Cheers.

Hi FeeWaybill

I have Sky Digital, and the only way 'I know' to get NASCAR is to subscribe to Sentanta who took over NASN. You will want to ask for the NASN channels which will give you American Sports, which includes NASCAR.

Then you will get access to channel 434, which shows LIVE and AS LIVE NASCAR races. You will be able to watch the Sunday races around 6pm Sunday BST, and the Saturday night under the lights races around 1AM BST Sunday.

I am paying £9.95 per month, which means you pay approx £2.50 per race, ie four Sprint NASCAR races each month.

WARNING. The coverage last year was very bad at the start, beginnings of races missed to due previous programs running late, ends of races lost due to the races over running. But towards the end of last year, say the last 15 races or so, they got their act together and the coverage was as to be expected when covering sport from another country which is rain affected.

If you have not seen the Daytona 500 live, your in for a real treat, just brilliant !!
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    Hi FeeWaybill

I have Sky Digital, and the only way 'I know' to get NASCAR is to subscribe to Sentanta who took over NASN. You will want to ask for the NASN channels which will give you American Sports, which includes NASCAR.

Then you will get access to channel 434, which shows LIVE and AS LIVE NASCAR races. You will be able to watch the Sunday races around 6pm Sunday BST, and the Saturday night under the lights races around 1AM BST Sunday.

I am paying £9.95 per month, which means you pay approx £2.50 per race, ie four Sprint NASCAR races each month.

WARNING. The coverage last year was very bad at the start, beginnings of races missed to due previous programs running late, ends of races lost due to the races over running. But towards the end of last year, say the last 15 races or so, they got their act together and the coverage was as to be expected when covering sport from another country which is rain affected.

If you have not seen the Daytona 500 live, your in for a real treat, just brilliant !!
    yeah I'd forgotten about some of the overrun problems, but compared to the shambles with Eurosport in the good old days of CART it wasn't that bad...you also get the pre-race show for about an hour before the race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im am happy for all you people who have sky,but for Colin and all other virgin media subscribers including myself,we seem to have been overlooked once again.I have spoken to Setanta twice and have got 2 conflicting answers,one said all U.S sport is being aired on NASN whilst the other answer was they did not know if cable customers would get live nascar.I have since emailed them and Nasn with various questions but have yet to get a reply.I cant see no reason why they can not show it on Rangers tv as that does not air over the weekend,or even have Nasn 2 as a stand alone channel.Roll on 9th february,Bud shootout time.

Go#88
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYGAZZA
    Im am happy for all you people who have sky,but for Colin and all other virgin media subscribers including myself,we seem to have been overlooked once again.I have spoken to Setanta twice and have got 2 conflicting answers,one said all U.S sport is being aired on NASN whilst the other answer was they did not know if cable customers would get live nascar.I have since emailed them and Nasn with various questions but have yet to get a reply.I cant see no reason why they can not show it on Rangers tv as that does not air over the weekend,or even have Nasn 2 as a stand alone channel.Roll on 9th february,Bud shootout time.

Go#88
    I think it comes down to what channels Virgin Media wants/is able to show, yes US Sport is shown on NASN, but Setanta Sports Ireland also doubles up for NASN on Sunday evenings (and other times for US Sport)- NASN usually only shows NFL, NHL etc and sometimes the NASCAR Now shows-

I agree if there are empty channels then why not use them, but I suspect it's not that simple- I switched to Sky along time ago to avoid all this (I know not everyone has this choice)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I think it comes down to what channels Virgin Media wants/is able to show, yes US Sport is shown on NASN, but Setanta Sports Ireland also doubles up for NASN on Sunday evenings (and other times for US Sport)- NASN usually only shows NFL, NHL etc and sometimes the NASCAR Now shows-

I agree if there are empty channels then why not use them, but I suspect it's not that simple- I switched to Sky along time ago to avoid all this (I know not everyone has this choice)

Hi dj I used to be with Sky but had major issues with them,My patients ran out and I switched to cable.I swar blind I would not go back to them.All was well with cable until last years fiasco with nascar coverage when I decided to eat humble pie and go back to sky.They had a 5 week waiting list so I parted with my hard earned cash and booked an installation ,just prior to Talladega.2 days before installation sky phone to say they had run out of sky boxes and would rebook me when back in stock.Weeks and phone calls later,one of which they had no record of payment to which I was non to impressed(All I want to do is watch my beloved Nascar).I finally got my money back and brought a laptop to connect to my tv,picture not all that but at least I can still watch races. The only down side is I can not record it so saturday night races become a very long night

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what you need to find out is if you have "Setanta Sports Ireland" in your list of Setanta channels. The NASCAR races are not shown on "NASN 1" but on Setanta Sports ireland. SS Irelan reverts to "NASN 2" when any North American sport is shown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Setanta Ireland is not recieved on Virgin media