Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    I know its earlyish in the season but is there any news yet on wether Sky are going to continue coverage next year?

Not sure why they wouldn't - been good audiences I believe. They have lots of channels - need to fill them somehow - maybe worth starting to drop some emails asking just that, shows interest.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fantastic coverage on Sky this year.
    Just discovered that my Sky package includes ESPN America so I can see NASCAR Now as well.
    Not sure when this became part of the standard package - part of the Setanta problems or have I just been missing it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ESPN are gonna start broadcasting a second channel on Aug. 3rd and will revert back to a subscription channel. will be £9 for those that are already subscribing to sky sports.

Just a note anyone remember the situation last year when we couldnt watch the Daytona 500 live because NASCAR was farting about with the rights?. When Setanta went bust the UFC were left without a broadcaster of UFC 100, couldnt get a deal sorted out quickly enough (2 weeks notice) so instead of letting fans down they decided to buy a 9 hour slot on channel 433 for this saturday. How come NASCAR couldnt pull their finger out their collective sphincter and the UFC could?.

I salute the UFC for not being idiots!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonv
    Fantastic coverage on Sky this year.
    Just discovered that my Sky package includes ESPN America so I can see NASCAR Now as well.
    Not sure when this became part of the standard package - part of the Setanta problems or have I just been missing it?
    Yeah it went into the entertainment package when Setanta went tits up. Expect it to go straight into ESPN's package which is coming soon. £12 a month if you dont have Sky Sports, £9 a month if you do have it.

Only thing that will make me sign up is if ESPN bring over the Nationwide and/or Truck races.

I cancelled Setanta when the football season finished and am now using that money per month to pay for Sky HD so they will need to tempt me if they want my money lol.
    http://www.sportzdvd.co.uk Banger DVD's. British Classic, Race and Rally diecast models.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_H

Only thing that will make me sign up is if ESPN bring over the Nationwide and/or Truck races.
    Even the Sky guys are mentioned the results to those races - hate it that I can't see them anymore - bring them too Sky - there must be a broadcasting equivalent of 'buy one get a couple free' deal with the Sprint Cup.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_H
    Yeah it went into the entertainment package when Setanta went tits up. Expect it to go straight into ESPN's package which is coming soon. £12 a month if you dont have Sky Sports, £9 a month if you do have it.

I cancelled Setanta when the football season finished and am now using that money per month to pay for Sky HD so they will need to tempt me if they want my money lol.
    I noticed the following on the following page: https://espn.sky.com/faqs.aspx

"Apart from football, what else can I watch on ESPN?

Major league baseball, national hockey league, College basketball & American football and the entire NASCAR series."

Does this mean that NASCAR Sprint Cup will transfer from Sky Sports to ESPN? Or is this a vague gesture towards coverage of Nationwide and truck races?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have written to them to ask just that - if enough of us do, they have to reply eventually - to at least one of us?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Virgin also getting Espn Hd,so hopefully Nascar in Hd.Virgin will launch this on 3rd August.PS it will be free to XL customers
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep - got that one through - should be interesting - have my V+ box poised - can but dream

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYGAZZA
    Virgin also getting Espn Hd,so hopefully Nascar in Hd.Virgin will launch this on 3rd August.PS it will be free to XL customers
    Nice to dream but really doubtful, Sky Sports have 3 HD channels yet NASCAR on them is distinctly upscaled. Also checked with the channel launching today and NASCAR still appears to be on Sky Sports next weekend with no NASCAR on ESPN.