Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYGAZZA
    Try this one.Watched the bud shoot out on it last night.Not perfect but better than none

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...ne=motorsports

I watched this stream too, used firefox, and picture and sound were in sync, and it was better than nothing. Don't get too exicted about the 1hr highlight show on Monday. Take into consideration 15 mins of adverts, 5 minutes of crass buildup, and 10 minutes of winners circle, that will leave 35 minutes of the actual race to watch.

Two years of wowful SKY coverage has killed this sport in this country, they did not do their homework, and the studio team just did not have a clue about the sport I love.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sorry to hear this...the same frustration I felt when the WRC was dropped from U.S. providers. Just keep in mind, its the same for everyone, I have to d/l captures of DTM and BTCC. You'd think with the multitude of international broadcast networks and hundreds of channels to choose from this wouldn't happen, but I guess we all still aren't 'living in the future' yet.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    I watched this stream too, used firefox, and picture and sound were in sync, and it was better than nothing. Don't get too exicted about the 1hr highlight show on Monday. Take into consideration 15 mins of adverts, 5 minutes of crass buildup, and 10 minutes of winners circle, that will leave 35 minutes of the actual race to watch.

Two years of wowful SKY coverage has killed this sport in this country, they did not do their homework, and the studio team just did not have a clue about the sport I love.
    Couldn't agree more, I am however reluctantly going to get sky sports for one month just to get the Daytona 500 now it is actually listed as a live race, maybe ceremoniously burn the Sky box afterwards lol.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

am I the only one here that thought that Sky did a great job with NASCAR?? ok they had some mistakes at the start- but they came in late with a deal to show it-

and they remained very committed to it- they showed rain delayed races in full- and told you WHEN they were going to show them- unlike NASN- where you had to guess if/when it would be on

also remember if Sky hadn't shown it then we wouldn't have seen it at all- the way people go on at this forum anyone would think it was like Eurosports sometimes woeful coverage of CART/Indy Car- "the next car is hmmmm a red car, followed by a blue car" etc

I'm not pro Sky by any means but I don't get why people moan so endlessly about their coverage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because put simply for me the whole point of watching American racing is to get the whole American experience not from an English perspective. I like to get the whole pre-race and post race coverage or at least some of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Given what they did, there was nothing wrong with the Sky coverage. They cut to the US commentators when they could. Bring it back Sky - the only thing I actually made the effort to watch on TV all year.
    What is wrong with you people. As someone said, we are not in the futurte yet despite all the channels showing endless repeats of people doing up crap houses and making wine. FFS, how hard can it be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the highlights were ok but you didnt get the feel for it. it will be even worse when they put a normal 4hr race into the 1 hour highlight.
    still no word from espn there the only ones who havent said no yet.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Pretty funny overreaction. So wide of the mark it's untrue.

How did Sky airing the thing for 2 years to a larger audience than ever before kill the sport? The programme wasn't great but I bet you'd do anything to see it reinstated now they have taken it away.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Set the ole Sky+ box to remind me about Daytona being on Sky at the weekend and noticed the series link option was available. Does this mean anything or nothing I wonder
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Pretty funny overreaction. So wide of the mark it's untrue.

How did Sky airing the thing for 2 years to a larger audience than ever before kill the sport? The programme wasn't great but I bet you'd do anything to see it reinstated now they have taken it away.
    I enjoyed the Sky coverage. I was a complete novice to NASCAR and I feel like I learnt the ropes with Keith as the two seasons progressed. I can see why the coverage would annoy hardened fans but for what is a minority sport in the UK, hardened NASCAR fans are definitely in a minority.

I would have no problems with Sky showing the 2010 season, even if it was only behind the red button.