Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    Anyone know of a setting I can use to cover unexpected extensions to programmes.
    I don't know about V+ but with Sky+ you can manually set it to record a chanel between times x and Y instead of relying on the EPG. I always do this for sporting events that are likely to run over. It is a pain to find on sky+ but when you do its worth it.

I expect there is a similar (difficult to find way of doing it with v+ too.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    At the start of the season I never envisioned people calling for Keith to return to the show.

It was true they didnt cut back to the US feed quite as well the other night. It was annoying when they were there trying to work out what the problem was with the 18 when all they had to was go back to the FOX guys.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Somehow I think I'll stick with Five/Five US, as an hour (give or take) of guaranteed highlights seems to be better than heads-it's-on, tails-it-isn't on the stallactites...

By the way, I am loving the new "somebody's just overtaken" element of the leaderboard ticker as introduced last week. I notice they didn't try it out at Talladega...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    I had to miss it live, but never mind - I clicked the listing on my V+ box and MISSED THE LAST 15 LAPS ---- WTF !!!!

Anyone know of a setting I can use to cover unexpected extensions to programmes.

I caught the race end on a highlights show, but even so. Really frustrating.

PS: It is written Tuckman, so is it pronounced Tuck or Took-man as Keith says it. If it was me and one of the studio hosts got my name wrong, surely I would quietly suggest the real pronunciation while off air.
    I set the next couple of programs after nascar just in case of delays.Or you could set a manual record to start and finish when you wish.
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earnhardt8
    Still got bad taste then Jeff!!!
    Says the Jeff Gordon fan!! Oooh and what about Barry being a jr fan,it doesnt get worse than that ha ha ha.How many races has he gone without winning lol!!Ok being honest i think jr is doing a great job,once he sacks his cousin the wins will surely come.

Ive also started liking Carl Edwards despite his driving for that really irritating Jack Roush so maybe your right about my taste in drivers!!

I agree with you about the sky coverage,we need the pre race show.

How you coping without the v8's at rockingham?It already seems like a distant memory,such a shame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Says the Jeff Gordon fan!! Oooh and what about Barry being a jr fan,it doesnt get worse than that ha ha ha.How many races has he gone without winning lol!!Ok being honest i think jr is doing a great job,once he sacks his cousin the wins will surely come.

Ive also started liking Carl Edwards despite his driving for that really irritating Jack Roush so maybe your right about my taste in drivers!!

I agree with you about the sky coverage,we need the pre race show.

How you coping without the v8's at rockingham?It already seems like a distant memory,such a shame.
    Connor is also now a die-hard Junior fan!!! I like Montoya, Franchitti & Harvick too!! (yep i have bad taste!!!)

We went to the Touring Cars at Rockingham and will maybe take Connor to see a Pick-up's race as he loves trucks, but other than that i cant see us visiting Rockingham again.. Havent really missed it we lost interest when the car numbers dwindled .
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What on earth are those god-awful sound effects Sky is using when they are chatting in the UK studio while screening pictures of the race during US ad breaks?
    Sound like some old stock cars (bangers) from Arena Essex.
    Surely they have recorded enough real NASCAR engine sounds by now - unless it's some sort of dumb copyright thing.
    Silence would be better

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not the sound effects that are bothering me. It's the God Awful Kyle Petty.

Jeez, silence would be better than him prattling on. Is he actually bringing anything to the table? Apart from experience of running at the back? hplease:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JovialJooles
    It's not the sound effects that are bothering me. It's the God Awful Kyle Petty.

Jeez, silence would be better than him prattling on. Is he actually bringing anything to the table? Apart from experience of running at the back? hplease:

At least Kyle can string a sentence together. Ive heard five year olds with greater grasp of the english language than Rusty Wallace. Great guy, great driver, terrible commentator.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like both