Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Happy Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to All
    Anyone going to argue with that statement?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    ...but they also tend to be those who see this case in very simplistic terms - McLaren = Evil. Ferrari = Good - Sorry, but life and F1 is not that simple and things aren't always as they seem.
    In this case it's exactly like that:

McLaren = Evil (I would also add stupid to that). Ferrari = Good

The same to you Arrows!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Anyone going to argue with that statement?

"With greatest respect to the authors of the report, we do not agree with all of the conclusions"

Since that's the Mclaren approach, I'm sure it will do for their biggest refusenik.

I will defend them against the extreme nature of the attacks on the team, and team personnel which, in my view, have often been deliberately malicious and based on little more than the fact that McLaren have traditionally been Ferrari's main rivals
    Based on little more than the fact that they have traditionally been Ferrari's main rivals?

You are fooling no one but yourself.

The Mclaren statement admits that the team and team personnel lied to the FIA and Ferrari.

Read it again - http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...7/12/7176.html

McLaren’s statement in full:

“As a result of the investigations carried out by the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile it has become clear that Ferrari information was more widely disseminated within McLaren than was previously communicated. McLaren greatly regrets that its own investigations did not identify this material and has written to the World Motor Sport Council to apologise for this.

“McLaren has written a letter to the FIA which in the interests of transparency it is publishing with this press statement. That letter speaks for itself and the sentiments expressed in it are sincerely held by McLaren. McLaren has also written to the World Motor Sport Council to apologise that it has taken an FIA investigation to find this information and have expressed our deep regret that our understanding of the facts was improved as a result of the FIA inspection rather than our own investigations. McLaren has recognised that this entire situation could have been avoided if we had informed Ferrari and the FIA about Nigel Stepney's first communication when it came to our attention. We are, of course, embarrassed by the successive disclosures and have apologised unreservedly to the FIA World Motor Sport Council.

“To avoid even the possibility of Ferrari information influencing our performance during 2008, McLaren has offered a set of detailed undertakings to the FIA which will impose a moratorium on development in relation to three separate systems. During the course of these incidents, McLaren has conducted a thorough review of its policies and procedures regarding the recruitment and management of staff. The proposals arising from this thorough review have been disclosed to the FIA and McLaren has agreed to demonstrate that all of these policies and procedures have been fully implemented.

“McLaren wish to make a public apology to the FIA, Ferrari, the Formula 1 community and to Formula 1 fans throughout the world and offer their assurance that changes are now being made which will ensure that nothing comparable to what has taken place will ever happen again. McLaren have also agreed to pay the costs incurred by the FIA for their investigation.

“McLaren now wishes to put these matters behind it and to move forward focusing on the 2008 season.”

The attacks on a team who systematically lied throughout the season are wholly deserved, as is my utter contempt for your whole denial-based statement.

To those who can recognise the disgrace that Mclaren have brought on themselves and the sport I offer a 'Happy New Year'

To those still in denial all I can offer is my deepest sympathy for their moral bankruptcy.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    You are fooling no one but yourself.
    Not at all because what I was saying in the point you quoted relates to the very thing you illustrate here. The attacks on McLaren have been personal and malicious at times. Describing me as the "biggest refusenik", and accusing me of "moral bankruptcy" goes down that same road, and yet you chose to ignore the fact that I say "I accept the responsibility McLaren have for this situation", among other parts of my post, because that doesn't fit your agenda.

Our opinions on this subject differ. Normally I have no problem with that with anyone as I came here to talk about motorsport, and share and discuss opinions with others. When I have explained that to you before you've made your views towards me personally quite clear. Consequently I have made use of the 'ignore' feature for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    The attacks on a team who systematically lied throughout the season are wholly deserved, as is my utter contempt for your whole denial-based statement.

To those still in denial all I can offer is my deepest sympathy for their moral bankruptcy.
    Merry Christmas anta:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Consequently I have made use of the 'ignore' feature for the first time.
    Evidently it's easier to do that than express regret for your arguments lack of substance, although I was under the impression you'd been operating an 'ignore' function policy with every post that contradicts you anyway.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Merry Christmas anta:
    It seems Mac to have had a very early visit from Santa this year!!
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not at all because what I was saying in the point you quoted relates to the very thing you illustrate here. The attacks on McLaren have been personal and malicious at times. Describing me as the "biggest refusenik", and accusing me of "moral bankruptcy" goes down that same road, and yet you chose to ignore the fact that I say "I accept the responsibility McLaren have for this situation", among other parts of my post, because that doesn't fit your agenda.

Our opinions on this subject differ. Normally I have no problem with that with anyone as I came here to talk about motorsport, and share and discuss opinions with others. When I have explained that to you before you've made your views towards me personally quite clear. Consequently I have made use of the 'ignore' feature for the first time.

Merry Christmas anta:
    I admire your attachment to your team, Arrows1. Only a true fan would go as far as you have in defending your team.

It has been a great year for Ferrari (yes, an other one . I would say the same for McLAren, on the learning side (hopefully).
    Looking forward for many more debates with you guys. Merry Christmas and Happy New (RED) Year!!!!!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Time to put an end to this too, thanks for the contribution Guys...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life