Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

McLaren must wait for 2008 car clearance

Why

The FIA say that their "investigation has been concluded", so what is the purpose of giving "McLaren, Ferrari and the other competitors" the opportunity "to make considered representations"?

Max has said there are "good reasons" and that "McLaren were informed early on about our doubts. They have sufficient time to react, should the doubt be confirmed."

That suggests the FIA have found something. In which case why have McLaren not been penalised, as Max said they would be back in October, instead of postponing a decision until just a month before the start of the season?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Why

The FIA say that their "investigation has been concluded", so what is the purpose of giving "McLaren, Ferrari and the other competitors" the opportunity "to make considered representations"?

Max has said there are "good reasons" and that "McLaren were informed early on about our doubts. They have sufficient time to react, should the doubt be confirmed."

That suggests the FIA have found something. In which case why have McLaren not been penalised, as Max said they would be back in October, instead of postponing a decision until just a month before the start of the season?
    3 months would be enough time to modify some of the cars components using the Ferrari data source, 1 month would be a close call however!

I don't see what's the problem here? They are just doing what it has to be done to make sure that McC&L won't be tempted to cheat again. :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    On a serious note.
    I really don't see why this is bothering so many people.

It's just about politics.

McLaren's 2008 cars were investigated and either the FIA were happy but are just trying to picture themselves as being serious about the matter (just for the masses to be happy), or maybe the FIA found something and are giving McLaren time to change the incriminating designs.

In any case I don't see how this is doing any harm to McLaren.

If they do not use Ferrari's ideas for their design than they can sleep well at night with a clean conscience and pull hard for the next season.
    The only case when they should be bothered about something is if their design isn't clean of any Ferrari influence.

That's how I see it.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    If they do not use Ferrari's ideas for their design than they can sleep well at night with a clean conscience and pull hard for the next season.
    The only case when they should be bothered about something is if their design isn't clean of any Ferrari influence.
    I agree with that. But it seems that the design isn't clean. At the very least the FIA have said their investigation has concluded, and that there are doubts. The suggestion is that McLaren are being given "sufficient time to react".

I ask again why

Max was quite clear. If anything was to be found then McLaren would be penalised, probably with a points penalty. He now appears to be doing anything to avoid that, while at the same time is giving McLaren's competitiors a say, and delaying the decision until just a month before the start of the season.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I agree with that. But it seems that the design isn't clean. At the very least the FIA have said their investigation has concluded, and that there are doubts. The suggestion is that McLaren are being given "sufficient time to react".

I ask again why

Max was quite clear. If anything was to be found then McLaren would be penalised, probably with a points penalty. He now appears to be doing anything to avoid that, while at the same time is giving McLaren's competitiors a say, and delaying the decision until just a month before the start of the season.
    It's all in the interest of transparency, and also giving McLaren a fairer chance (than what they deserve IMO).

I'm wondering what are thinking now those accusing the FIA of witch hunting against RD and McLaren?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why

It does seem strange. Not sure why " the other competitors " are making representations as they were not involved, only Ferrari. What the " good reasons " are.....Max saying he reckons Ron was lying is close to the mark, waiting till 14.2.8 is obstructive and it seems that is the FIA's mission. But why ? Loosing Mclaren to F1 would be an own goal and if I was a Mclaren shareholder I would be looking at other series. The FIA will hound them all year and probably ruin 08 as they did ( in part ) in 07.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It's all in the interest of transparency, and also giving McLaren a fairer chance (than what they deserve IMO).

I'm wondering what are thinking now those accusing the FIA of witch hunting against RD and McLaren?!
    so they don't deserve a fair chance. you are being honest for once.

didn't Max say they have delayed the decision because he felt RD wasn´t saying the truth. we shall wait and see how Max's feeling will evolve and how can RD manage to influence those feelings. I guess a good way would be to stay calm and not make too much noise about the Renault decision and push Max to punish renault and make them leave f1.
    I'm sure they can find similarities between the two cars. Aren't they made within the same rules? Of course it would be something else if they cheated the same way. Then I would understand Max's doubts. I would add another pair of wheels to the car just to be sure they wouldn't object against the fact they have the same number of wheels as the reds do.
    It also puts more pressure on Ron's team.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Max found, on inspecting the McLaren 2008 car, that it had a device for securely holding the driver's bottom in place in the cockpit.

It is called a seat. Apparently, Ferrari thought of this first, and are upset that McLaren have copied this idea.

On further investigation, Max found other components employing Ferrari ideas, like a steering wheel, wing mirrors, wheels even.

Poor Max nearly had to be rushed to A&E for palpetations, but luckily McLaren had some Tic Tac's he could suck (apparently stolen from when they were sponsoring Ferrari).

The way I see it is this. The '08 McLaren either is legal, or it is not. It seems Max is trying on the - we need more time to fabricate how a particular component can be seen as a Ferrari idea. Tsk.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    so they don't deserve a fair chance. you are being honest for once.
    I was always honest.

I always felt that both McLaren and Renault should have been thrown out of the 2007 season and banned for 2008 for their actions.

What I found hilarious is that McLaren supporters are attacking Max when he protected McLaren and their drivers when it was clear that they were guilty.

Studying the human nature is a very entertaining show!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Max found, on inspecting the McLaren 2008 car, that it had a device for securely holding the driver's bottom in place in the cockpit.

It is called a seat.
    I thought that is a racing harness! :