Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Heiki is going to Toyota. Sorry pino!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Heiki is going to Toyota. Sorry pino!
    If thats the case someone should be apologising to Heikki!

I wonder if we'll see a return of Alonso's bizarre podium antics if Alonso wins races with those six tenths he'll bring :

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=20836

Kovalainen to stay in F1 in 2008 - report

Posted 12 December 2007 at 09:06 GMT
    There is a "100 per cent chance" that Heikki Kovalainen will still be on the Formula One grid when the 2008 season kicks off next March.
    A source close to the Finn relayed the information to Sport Bild, amid concerns that Kovalainen's career may have stalled after just a single season with Renault in 2007.
    It is speculated that Kovalainen was left out of Renault's plans for next year because he would have posed too big a threat to the crucial new number one status of the returning Fernando Alonso.
    He is now being linked with moves to McLaren or Toyota. Toyota is still strongly in the frame apparently due to McLaren boss Ron Dennis' concerns not only about Kovalainen's speed, but because of his lingering management links with Flavio Briatore.
    Test driver Pedro de la Rosa is apparently the favourite for the McLaren seat due to the pressure of the team's Spanish sponsors, including Santander.
    But Umberto Zapelloni, a renowned journalist for La Gazzetta dello Sport, played down the de la Rosa reports, arguing that comparing the veteran Spaniard with Alonso is like "comparing Kaka with (fellow AC Milan football player) Brocchi."
    Speaking to the Finnish television station MTV3, Kovalainen said he was not surprised when Renault elected to run with Alonso alongside Nelson Piquet Jr in 2008.
    "For some time we have been going through other options," he said.
    "Renault made this kind of a decision, but luckily there are two other options with interesting offers," he added.

VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead ben
    I'm not surprised that Alonso is back at renault at all. What I am rather shocked about is that both fisi and heikki have been dropped. Especially kovalianen who I thought has done well as the season progressed with not a brilliant car.
    F1 car only have single seat available if Renault have to keep them all.
    Didn't Alonso win the titles using the same Renault?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I hope best luck for Alonso and hope for duel between him and Kimi next year.
    haahaa..
    FA will end up wondering the same 2007 situation if He goes againt Kimi.
    because Kimi would have been well developed at ferrari and Alonso will rather find himself 1 second slower per lap.. he will be a serious joker if he has plans to go to ferrari!
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    If thats the case someone should be apologising to Heikki!

I wonder if we'll see a return of Alonso's bizarre podium antics if Alonso wins races with those six tenths he'll bring :
    lol...
    so Alonso is taking his 6/10 secs back to renault then.. gone for good.
    I dont really think renault will be back to old form in the next 3 years!!!

I was sorry for Heikki not getting the 2nd seat,but Mclaren should take him I guess, he is a great guy in terms of personality and got what it takes to perform well on the front of the field ( will also get on very well with LH)

Ron..Martin... knock..knock.. hello you there!!!????!!!
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohanweb
    lol...
    so Alonso is taking his 6/10 secs back to renault then.. gone for good.
    I dont really think renault will be back to old form in the next 3 years!!!

I was sorry for Heikki not getting the 2nd seat,but Mclaren should take him I guess, he is a great guy in terms of personality and got what it takes to perform well on the front of the field ( will also get on very well with LH)

Ron..Martin... knock..knock.. hello you there!!!????!!!
    Heikki has been shafted because Flavio manages Piquet. It is all about money. I do remember Heikki who seems to be one of the nice guys on the grid, saying earlier this year that he would not wish to team mate with Piquet junior who is a spoilt child ( and a fast one too ). Flavio may have to eat his words about Ron not being able to manage his drivers as Piquet junior will do everything he can to emulate Hamilton and beat Alonso. I am looking forward to the 08 season much more now as the Renault pit will be full of sulking Spaniards or Brazilains come Monte Carlo. If Alonso quits at the end of 08 due to the teams underperformance which he is allowed to do in his contract who would have him ? If it is Ferrari and Kimi is still racing then Alonso will be smacked again.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohanweb
    haahaa..
    FA will end up wondering the same 2007 situation if He goes againt Kimi.
    because Kimi would have been well developed at ferrari and Alonso will rather find himself 1 second slower per lap.. he will be a serious joker if he has plans to go to ferrari!
    I mean Alonso/Renalut vs Kimi/Ferrari, not battle IN Ferrari.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    And to think Piquet thought he could make it in Indycars (trying to upstage his old mate Nige).

Lets hope for Nando NPJr is a chip off the ole blockhead, eh?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.